The International Monetary Fund is searching for a Financial Sector Expert/Senior Financial Sector Expert to work in its Monetary and Capital Markets (MCM) Department, Financial Crisis Preparedness and Management (FC) Division. The main responsibilities of MCMFC are to:Apply Now
- Provide policy and technical support on financial sector restructuring for program country work, and help ensure the consistency of MCM policy positions, including by taking the lead in MCM review of documents on crisis and near-crisis countries;
- Coordinate MCM participation in Fund-wide policies in the area of program conditionality and use of Fund resources (UFR);
- Assess the effectiveness of financial sector resolution and safety nets frameworks and help strengthen crisis preparedness, directly and through the Area Departments, particularly in vulnerable countries;
- Provide advice on crisis management measures, including crisis containment, financial sector restructuring and resolution, and management of distressed assets, directly and through the Area Departments;
- Develop and disseminate policy positions in the areas of contingency planning, resolution of financial institutions, financial safety nets, and management of distressed assets;
- Provide technical assistance and capacity building on crisis preparedness and management, including the backstopping of external experts; and
- Liaise with standards setting bodies and other international organizations on deposit insurance, distressed asset management, and resolution-related topics, including to develop and assess compliance with international standards.
QualificationsThe candidate should have an advanced academic degree in business administration, economics, finance, law, or related fields. In addition, the candidate should:
- Have at least 10 years of relevant professional work experience;
- Have experience in firm-specific corrective action and resolution, including designing and implementing the diagnosis and restructuring of problem banks;
- Have had exposure to management of system-wide financial distress from either national authorities or from experience in international financial institutions;
- Demonstrate creativity, initiative, and sound judgment; and have excellent negotiating skills along with strong oral and written communication skills.