IDB Invest Financial Instruments Accounting Officer Background: IDB Invest, a member of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) Group, is a multilateral organization based in Washington, D.C., that is committed to the development of Latin America and the Caribbean through the private sector. The Finance and Administration Department covers the following areas: Controllership, Financial Operations, Treasury, and Marketing & Communications. The Controllership Division includes accounting and Financial Reporting, budget and financial planning, and overseeing corporate resource mobilization to support our business needs. The Accounting team prepares quarterly and/or annual financial statements for IDB Invest and its trust funds, establishes and monitors compliance with accounting policies and procedures in accordance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), and performs operational accounting activities related to loans and other development related investments, treasury portfolio and corporate accounting areas. The Team: The Accounting team is looking for an experienced financial instruments Accountant with the right blend of hands-on treasury accounting experience and analytical thinking to execute a variety of operational Accounting and Reporting tasks related to our treasury portfolio (fixed income securities, money market funds, borrowings and derivatives) and development related assets (loans, bonds, equities and guarantees). The financial instruments accounting function is rapidly growing due to portfolio growth and increased complexity, creating an exciting opportunity to combine previous experience from financial instruments accounting and process automation and restructuring while working in a dynamic and diverse team of professionals. What you will do:Apply Now
- Ensure financial instruments are accurately accounted for in accordance with US GAAP.
- Participate in the related technical research and lead implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
- Lead and contribute to process redesign, automation and improved efficiency. Seek for outsourcing opportunities and participate in implementation projects.
- Execute operational accounting activities for financial instruments in the treasury and development related investments portfolios. Review work performed by other team members.
- Prepare monthly activity rollforward schedules and financial statement disclosures utilizing data from various systems, other internal sources and external service providers. Make recommendations for improved financial statement disclosures.
- Reconcile cash and deal positions, review interest accruals, fair value changes and other valuation adjustments for reasonableness. Prepare journal entries, as needed
- Education: Master’s degree in accounting, business administration, finance, systems information or a related field required. CFA, CPA/CA or equivalent a plus.
- Experience: Relevant professional experience working in the accounting and finance field. Applied working knowledge of US GAAP and accounting procedures. Big Four accounting experience a plus.
- Languages: Proficiency in English is required. Proficiency in Spanish highly desirable.
- Type of contract and modality: Staff
- Contract duration: 3 years
- Contract Start date: July 1, 2020
- Place(s) of work: IDB Invest Headquarters, Washington DC, USA
- Responsible person: Head of Accounting, Controllership Division