This position provides critical support to and collaborates with the International Rule of Law Initiative project staff. On a
daily basis, ABA ROLI Financial Analyst provides business and financial analyses to an assigned entity, reviews budgets for grant proposals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the grant budgeting process, review grant budgets and budget narratives for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with ABA and ABA ROLI polices, regulations, and procedures.
- Develops new budget templates when needed to meet specific donor requirements.
- Collaborates with an assigned entity in the development, management, and adherence to budgets.
- Assists program staff throughout the budgeting process by providing support and training.
- Correspond with donors requesting specific information on proposal budgets. Assists program staff in developing strategic and consistent responses to proposals.
- Provided financial and business insights and analyses to and assigned entity.
- Prepares forecasts, projections, cost over/underruns, and special financial reports for senior leaders within the entity.
- Analyzes growth, revenue and spending by donors, regions, countries, analyzes General Operations and Overhead spending.
- Design financial reports for program staff to easily determine the spending status of each award.
- Assists in the completion of internal and external audits of financial records of the entity.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least five years’ experience working in accounting, financial planning and Analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and/or operations analysis.
- Previous experience at the intermediate level working with ERP, finance/accounting systems, Microsoft Excel, and/or Microsoft Word.