In line with the overall outcome, the overall project goal is to effectively address the consequences of, and responses to, geo-physical and climate-related hazards to protect lives, sustain livelihoods, preserve the environment and safeguard the economy. The outcome will be achieved through 3 expected outputs:
- Strengthened Disaster Communication and Climate and Tsunami Monitoring Systems, to be implemented in FSM, RMI and Palau.
- Enhanced National and State Disaster preparedness capacity, to be implemented in FSM, RMI and Palau.
- Enhanced Community Disaster and Climate Resilience through improved water and food Resource Management and inclusive livelihood diversification, to be implemented in FSM and Palau.
The project will be implemented by the UNDP Pacific Office in Fiji under the UNDP Direct Implementation Modality (DIM) and will be part of the Resilient and Sustainable Development team. The Country Project Finance/Admin Officer will be locally recruited based on an open competitive process. He/She will be responsible for the overall finances, Administration and logistical support to the project in the Federated States of Micronesia.Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Country Project Coordinator, and matrix reporting to the Project Finance Officer and the Operations and Implementation Support Advisor, the Country Finance and Administrative Officer will perform the following duties:
Support efficient and effective support to finance operations
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plans;
- Full compliance with ICF and UNDP Financial Rules and Regulations;
- Ensures implementation of operational strategies, adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement full compliance with UN/UNDP rules and regulations of financial processes;
- Ensure that all project transactions are in compliance with POPP guidelines;
- Preparation of payments requests for operational expenses, services provision, purchases, etc., against project budgets and work plans and coordinate with GSSU in processing financial transactions as per SLA timelines;
- Ensure the financial transactions are properly authorized, recorded, and supported with adequate documentation;
- Establish a computer based monitoring system for expenditures;
- Proper control of the supporting documents for all payments and new vendors form;
- Maintain all project correspondence and communication.
Perform account reconciliations, oversight reports and provide support in certification and closures.
- Preparation and Analysis of monthly financial oversight reports for the project expenditure;
- Provide justification on quarterly closure and certification for CO, including support in certifying receipt accruals and prepayments and other accounts including micro capital grants, sundry, hospitality and other open item and GL accounts.
- Periodic resolving exceptions relating to transactional and T&E processing including any exceptions identified in PowerBI reports, CO Finance dashboards and other reporting tools.
- Timely follow up and action (correction/reversals) of all oversight queries.
Support efficient and effective administrative operations
- Provide support to the country project management team in the implementation of their tasks for the achievement of project results;
- Collect, register and maintain all information on project activities;
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of country progress reports;
- Prepare agendas and arrange field visits, appointments and meetings both internal and external related to the project activities and write minutes from the meetings;
- Maintain project filing system;
- Prepare routine correspondence and memoranda for Country Project Coordinator signature;
- Receive, screen and distribute correspondence and attach necessary background information
- Maintain records on all project personnel, international and national consultants and their respective status (contracts, ToRs, time and attendance – if appropriate, etc.) in accordance with accepted policies and procedures;
- Arrange logistic for organizing meetings, training and workshops.
Support Logistics Operations
- Set up the logistical arrangements for project management at country level;
- Assist in procurement and recruitment processes (e.g. preparation of ToRs for consultants and companies);
- Arrange for office equipment maintenance and insurance as required;
- Support delivery of equipment and supplies procured for the various programme sites;
- Maintain records over project equipment inventory.
Facilitates knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results
- Identifies and synthetizes lessons learnt and best practices in the area of work;
- Actively promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture within the project;
- Systematically builds capacities of national staff and train project staff in all areas of responsibility.
Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Ability to persuade others to follow
Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Ability to get things done
Ability to make decisions that align with strategy, vision, and mission
Ability to manage programmes and projects with a strategy aimed at improved performance and demonstrable results
Monitoring and Evaluation
Knowledge of methodologies, tools, systems and apply practical experience in planning, monitoring, evaluating and reporting and ability to apply to practical situations
Risk Assessment / Management
Knowledge of risk assessment methodologies and abilty to determine degree of risk and apply to strategic and/or practical situation
Ability to identify and prioritize risks, and organize action around mitigating them
Ability to perform administrative and procedural activities to ensure that quality requirements and goals are fulfilled
Ability to plan, organize, and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals
Ability to set goals and indicators and to interpret and synthesize results into usable information to inform policy, strategy, and/or action
Brief & Speech Writing
Ability to prepare quality briefs and/or speeches
Knowledge of various programme information for research to provide recommendation and guidance to managementRequired Skills and Experience
Master´s Degree in business administration, Public Administration, Finance, or related field / or; A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. At least 5 years of administrative management experience; Experience in an international setting with the UN or with international organisations an asset; Experience working with government counterparts is an asset; Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with other colleagues from various cultures and professional backgrounds; Knowledge of UN rules and regulations is an asset. Fluency in written and spoken English is required Solid experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office incl. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as experience in handling of web-based Management Systems.Disclaimer
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.