The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian organization, with 192 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Organizational ContextThe International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 192 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The Finance Officer, under overall supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager, is responsible for overall delivery of financial and administrative support to the CCST Jakarta (including Timor Leste) ensuring the proper use of Federation resources according to established procedures. S/he will support the work of various departments in order to ensure the CCST Jakarta (including Timor Leste) operates effectively and efficiently.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Expenditure and Liabilities
- Validate and reconcile individual contractor’s payments to ensure payments are in accordance with the agreement and completion of actual work
- Maintain Accounts payable module to records commitments and liabilities for goods or services
- Support FAM on preparing commitment & potential expenses on monthly basis
- Prepare retrospective expenditure
- Provide list of contracts and follow up result from system
- Compiling Salary Coding from all location on monthly basis
- Provide validation process of National Society settlement Document
- Provide bank reconciliation on monthly basis
- Perform monthly balance check on monthly basis
- Maintain asset movement
- Perform monthly working advance reconciliation for National Society
- Maintain lease data from Apple system
Budgeting and Budgetary control
- Support FAM on monitoring budget by completing actual expense on budget template on monthly basis:
- ID: 10 budgets
- Timor Leste: 3 budgets
- Support FAM during budget revision on quarterly basis
- Performing timely monthly closing review and checks
- Ensure Federation Internal Control Systems are in place and complied with.
- Look for any irregularities that may lead to potential loss to Federation’s asset & support on quarterly/ yearly stock check
- Alert management for any potential weakness in the implementation of activity/procedure that may lead to potential loss to Federation if proper action is not taken.
- Ensure all supporting document is available before post to book
- Updating NS Document database
- Monitor supplier payment according to the due date contract
- Monitor supplier confirmation is return to IFRC on monthly basis
- Support inventory Asset Management check
- Ability to use and produce a report using Fedbudget software.
- Ability to use and generate a proper report using Business Object.
- Coordination with Program Managers on any finance related issue.
- Professional /academic qualification in finance, accounting and administration services (min. graduation degree in commerce)
- Degree in accounting
- Experience of working for the Red Cross/Red Crescent
- Minimum 3 Years work experience in a finance or accounting and administrative roles
- Experience of working with Federation accounting and administrative systems (Preferred)
- Experience of local commercial & contractual systems (Preferred)
- Experience of project cycle using participatory methodologies (Preferred)
- Experience in writing narrative and financial reports (Preferred)
- Experience in Administration
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Advanced skills in computers (Windows, spreadsheets, word processing and accounting packages)
- Knowledge and experience of CODA (Preferred)
- Experience of and ability to use manual accounting systems
- Skills in training and developing staff
Competencies and values
A high degree of competence in Teamwork; commitment to the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement; integrity & personal conduct; sensitivity to diversity; flexibility & adaptability; initiative & direction; interpersonal skills; resilience.