Job Title: Finance Consultant - Focused on sovereign debt management.
Background of this search: The Finance Department/Treasury Client Solutions Group is currently looking for a professional with finance background to support the work done by TCS on debt management options with IDB sovereign guarantee borrowers.
The team’s mission: Provide flexible, innovative and integrated financial solutions and strategies for TCS external and internal clients through proactive debt management, effective sovereign guarantee loan origination and trust fund/technical cooperation mobilization.What you’ll do:
- Provide support to the TCS team on the Libor transition project as it pertains to loan contract modifications to incorporate new fall back provisions in loans documented under legacy products.
- Provide support to the TCS team on presentations and preparation of other material used for marketing purposes with Bank borrowers.
- Develop country portfolio tables classified by financial products
- Prepare indicative interest rate and currency conversion indicative quotes for Bank loans as applicable.
- Prepare inpresentations as required for the ALCO and other audiences.
- You are a citizen of one of our 48-member countries. We may offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your eligible dependents.
Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB Group.Education: MBA or equivalent degree in Finance
Experience: A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.Languages: English, Spanish and/or Portuguese Opportunity Summary:
Type of contract: Full Time Consultancy
Length of contract: 5.5 months
Starting date: July 16, 2020
End date: December 31, 2020
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Responsible person: Claudia Franco, Head of TCS, Finance DepartmentRequirements: You must be a citizen of one of the IDB’s 48 member countries and have no family members currently working at the IDB Group.
Our culture: Our people are committed and passionate about improving lives in Latin-America and the Caribbean, and they get to do what they love in a diverse, collaborative and stimulating work environment. We are the first Latin American and Caribbean development institution to be awarded the EDGE certification, recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality. As an employee you can be part of internal resource groups that connect our diverse community around common interests.
Because we are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace diversity based on gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, and religion. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.
About us: At the IDB, we’re committed to improving lives. Since 1959, we’ve been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48-member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve on the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills, but also are passionate about improving lives.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.Additional Information