The Office of Financial Resources Management (OFRM), Bureau for Management Services, supports UNDP in the promotion of its sustainable human development agenda. It achieves this by developing and making fully operational a dynamic and harmonized integrated resource management framework based on comprehensive analysis that enhances UNDP’s financial performance, as well as facilitates UN reform and coherence. As part of OFRM's Financial Business Partnering Division, reporting to the Deputy CFO, the Innovation and Solutions Team formulates innovative financial solutions. The Team supports senior finance staff seeking advice on complex and new financial and related policy issues that go beyond the existing financial frameworks, to transform finance and support development results. The services provided include policy advice, financial management training, development and review of new types of financial arrangements, tools and information management. The team supports other OFRM units in extracting and interpreting financial data, and through the Analytics team located in Kuala Lumpur, supports all OFRM units and the wider UNDP financial community with their analytical needs and reports. Under the day-to-day supervision of the Finance Analytics Lead, the Finance Business Associate is a key member of the Analytics team, which is responsible for providing consistent, concise, accurate and actionable reporting and analysis by data mining, extraction and interpretation of information to help generate financial and budgetary insights that enable informed decision making and improve financial performance. Within this team, this role involves the formulation of business units’ reports, through data mining/extraction, standard reports and queries, and ad-hoc analysis. The role will also provide some support to continuous improvement in reporting, financial analysis and service delivery, by identifying opportunities for improvement and drafting functional specifications for ERP and/or BI system changes, as required. This role may also require assisting the functional teams on Procure to Pay, Record to Report, HR Finance, Revenues and Regional Tier 1 processes. This post is co-located with UNDP’s Global Shared Service Centre (GSSC) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Duties and Responsibilities Reporting to the Finance Analytics Lead, the Finance Business Associate will provide financial reporting and analysis services to OFRM and the wider Finance community.Apply Now
- Perform extracts, build reports, dashboards and data visualizations, and provide ad-hoc analysis as required. Ensure that all extracts, reports, dashboards and other inputs have been appropriately tested and that data integrity is maintained with audited corporate reports.
- Guide business area users in developing self-service solutions for their reporting and information needs as well as identifying new data needs and delivery mechanisms for reporting information.
- Ensure system integrity through running his/her own checks and diagnostics, and through the creation of processes to run defined queries on a regular basis.
- Assist in identifying improvement opportunities and support the design and development of financial systems functional specifications by OFRM clients, in partnership with OIMT, through reviewing and refining functional specifications where necessary.
- Implement reporting calendar, report deviances if any, and ensure clients are aware of the situation.
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in Accounting and/or Finance, with certification in one or more of the following: SQL, SQR, Python, OBIEE or equivalent; and complex data extraction routines. University degree in Finance or Accounting is desirable. OR
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in Information Technology, Computer Science, or any related quantitative field, with relevant experience in Finance. University degree in Information Technology or Computer Science is desirable.
- Professionally qualified accountants from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage.
- Long-listed candidates will be required to undergo the UNDP Accounting and Finance Test (UNDP AFT).
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience with Secondary Education or 4 years of relevant experience with Bachelor’s degree, with finance or Business Intelligence (BI) environments.
- Hands-on experience in analysing financial information, data modelling, data mining, managing master data, mapping of source to target data, conducting data quality tests, documenting functional requirements, and creating reports and dashboards in the financial arena a plus.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of any other UN languages (French/Spanish/Arabic) is a plus.
- Hands-on proficiency with SQL, SQR, Python, BI tools, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise and/or Tableau.
- Experience in production of financial reports and data management preferred.
- Experience in the usage of computers and MS Office packages
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Hands-on experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), preferably with PeopleSoft or Oracle is desirable.
- Knowledge of and interest in technological innovations, such as machine learning, big data analysis, etc. is a distinct advantage.