Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Under the direct supervision of the Head, Nairobi Convention Secretariat, the UNV will assist in the following tasks:
- Provide support with regard to the review, Analysis and preparation of the projects’ budgets and their revisions (periodic, completion and closure).
- Prepare supporting documents (narrative and supporting tables) with respect to GEF submissions and UNEP Programme of Work budget template.
- Assist in preparing contractual documents for projects partners including memos, small scale funding agreements, Project Cooperation Agreements, for their timely approval etc.
- Assist in the preparation of travel requests for meeting participants, verify accuracy of input data, ensuring consistency of data with budget allocation and availability.
- Assist in preparation of Budget Performance submissions and finalization of budget performance reports, analyse variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
- Use UN ERP system to prepare periodic reconciliation of project accounts reports, monitor expenditures and compare with approved budgets; prepare adjustments as necessary.
- Review incoming expenditure reports from project partners and upon certification by the program e officer, record expenditure in the UN ERP system, prepare payment request.
- Notify payees on status of payments.
- Assist fund management officers regarding queries on budget, payment and deposit related issues and related correspondence.
- Support Contract Management for consultants and individual contractors (CIC), processing CIC and related payments.
- Maintain updated files and archives/databases as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
University degree (bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in Finance, Commerce Economics or related field. Two years of qualifying experience as an Accountant CPAK, additional Technical Training in finance, accounting or Administration is desirable.36 Months
Minimum of 3 years’ work experience, including progressively responsible work in finance and accounting activities, business administration or a related field at the national level. Experience in the use of Finance Enterprise systems is desirable. Experience with MS Office 2007 or newer versions, and Financial Management, using electronic systems environment is desirable. English and French are the working languages of the united nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in both written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams