Grade: G5 Publication date: 24 December 2019 Application deadline (midnight local time): 10 January 2020 Vacancy no.: BEY/DC/2019/54 Job ID: 2303 Department: RO-Arab States/DWT-Beirut Organization Unit: RO-Arab States/DWT-Beirut Location: Beirut Contract type: Fixed Term The recruitment process for General Service positions is subject to local recruitment regulations and Article 4.3 of the ILO Staff Regulations. The ILO may only offer a contract to persons who have a valid residency status and work permit in Lebanon. The following are eligible to apply:Apply Now
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates
- This position is located in the Regional Administrative Services work unit in the Regional Office for Arab States in Beirut. This work unit is responsible for finance, Administration and Human Resources support services in the region.
- Perform a range of specialized finance support functions and services for operational and payment-related work of the Office, including initiating and processing financial transactions in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and verifying that information and supporting documentation is in compliance with financial rules and regulations, policies, procedures and applicable standards.
- Process accounts receivable including billing, adjustments and changes. Manage cash receipts and petty cash.
- Undertake monthly bank reconciliation and follow up on outstanding issues including contacting banks to clarify issues on account statements.
- Monitor expenditure and budget allocations, updating information on local currency bank accounts and informing supervisor when funds need to be replenished.
- Maintain and update spreadsheets and databases for internal expenditure control purposes. Prepare inputs, run reports and extract and compile financial data and present information on the status of Financial Resources of the Office to support Analysis and reporting needs.
- Respond to requests for general information and routine queries on status of payments and other budgetary issues.
- Keep abreast of financial rules and regulations, policies, procedures, guidelines and processes and share information with concerned parties.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.