Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Under the direct supervision of Coordinator, Regional Seas Programme, the National UN Volunteer- Budget and Finance Assistant, will provide finance and budget support to UNEP Regional Seas programme particularly the UNEP administered Regional Seas Conventions and Action Plans by performing the following tasks:
- Assist to create new project grants in Umoja based on approved projects or donor agreements.
- Assist to create Work Breakdown Structure Elements (WBSEs) based on approved project and Program of work budgets.
- Assists in the end-to-end processing of Grants Management actions.
- Supports the Finance/Budget Officers (s) in extracting information and generating expenditure reports from computerized Information System databases; assists in preliminary analyses of the extracted information and the reports generated, and highlights areas of concern for the attention of the Coordinator, Regional Seas and Finance/Budget Officer(s).
- Assist creates Passthrough grants in Umoja based on signed legal agreements (Small Scale Funding Agreements (SSFAs), Project Cooperation Agreements (PCAs), Letters of Agreement (LOA), UN-UN agreements).
- Assist in processing payments to Implementing Partners (IP) against approved passthrough grants as certified by the Budget officer/Fund Management Officer.
- Assist in processing IP expenditure reports pursuant to financial reports submitted by IPs and certified by the Budget officer/Fund management officer.
- Assists the Finance/Budget Officer(s) in the preparation/finalization of Budget Performance reports, performing preliminary Analysis of variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
- Assists in the financial backstopping of Regional Seas Trust Funds, including monitoring the status of voluntary contributions, generating expenditure reports from Umoja and Monitoring Reporting requirements by donors.
- Assist in tracking and issueance of invoices to Contracting Parties and ensure timely payments to vendors; receivables monitoring to ensure down payments are executed/offset against approved grants; posting of approved adjustments against approved budgets.
- Assist to keep track of all signed Legal agreements by UNEP Regional Seas and the Ecosystems Integration Branch.
- Assist to create funds pre-commitments, commitments against certified and approved requests.
- Follows-up on admin/budget/finance tasks related to official travel of staff such as certification of travel plans.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Commerce, Finance,Accounting or related. Supplementary training in Accounting and Finance is highly desirable. Excellent skills in MS.Excel is desired.
- A minimum of two (2) years progressive working experience in finance, budget, accounting, administrative services or related area, is required. Proven experience working with Enterprise Resource Platform (ERP) systems is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply administrative and financial rules, regulations and procedures. Ability to maintain accurate records, review and interpret a wide variety of data. Ability to identify and resolve data discrepancies and operational problems.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- finance, budget, accounting
- Proven experience working with Enterprise Resource Platform (ERP) systems such as Systems
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams