The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) was created to help foster social and Economic Development, create wealth and improve infrastructure connectivity in Asia by investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors. As a new addition to the global multilateral development bank (MDB) family, AIIB works closely with other multilateral and bilateral institutions as well as the private sector to improve infrastructure by promoting regional cooperation and partnerships. AIIB has 102 members, including 26 prospective members, and has an authorized capital of USD100 billion, of which USD20 billion is paid in. AIIB is a triple A-rated institution. The Administration" id="link" class="link">Loan Administration Unit under the Office of the Controller advises Front Office project teams and participates in the planning for disbursement arrangements, throughout an investment project cycle, ensuring consistency with results of the fiduciary assessments and compliance with relevant guidelines and procedures; reviews and approve disbursement requests in a timely manner; and assists the Front Office with technical loan operation matters for private and public sector clients. The Finance Analyst/Associate will work with the Loan Administration Unit and will focus on the Bank's back office operations on its financial products (primarily loans, but also includes equity investments, guarantees and other financing products). The role is for a junior professional whose specialty area is in commercial and investment Banking operations or an experienced professional with specialty in multilateral development bank (MDB) sovereign loans.Apply Now
Responsibilities:1. Loan/Financial Products Management
- Support the Senior Finance Officers from end-to-end with the preparation and maintenance of transactions;
- Work closely with other departments, including Investment Operations, Treasury, Risk and others to ensure that critical fiduciary aspects of loans and financial products are fully considered when transactions are prepared;
- Monitor disbursement arrangements to assess whether they remain adequate, and advise the project team of any needed changes;
- Monitor daily cash activity with the Treasury Department; and
- Assist in building up the Loan Management Automation System and other future systems.
- Monitor disbursement performance, including maintaining and updating the disbursement database, and providing disbursement reports as needed;
- Review and process refunds of loans and financial products proceeds as needed;
- Review and process loan and financial products cancellations caused by saving or others;
- Close loans and financial products in a timely and appropriate manner together with project teams;
- Monitor lapsed loans and take appropriate action accordingly;
- Look after the administrative servicing work, including the preparation of billing statements; and
- Process and safekeep investment certificates and manage collateral documentation.
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in accounting, business, finance, economics or related courses, and a minimum 2-5 years of relevant work experience in the field of banking loan operations, gained from prior positions with commercial banks and/or multilateral Development Banks;
- Robust knowledge of loan administration over the life of loans;
- Self-motivated and able to build internal and external relationships to ensure a seamless process;
- Proven ability to work efficiently within teams and effectively communicate for results;
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Programming knowledge a plus; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.