For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 40 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM Turkey (DDD) is in structuring process after a fast development phase, and need to equip itself with adequate tools and organization.
Syria activities have been transferred from MdM France to DDD from April, 1st, 2019. The volume of activities and budget are around 14.000.000€/year (including Turkey activities) and needs to be integrated into the actual structure of DDD.
Most of the donors’ agreement are still under MdM signature but the objective is to give the capacity to DDD to sign directly as much as possible.
In that context, MdM France is looking for a financial adviser in order to support the development of DDD’s activities.
TASKS AND RESPONSABILITIES:
You will be in charge of counselling (study and propose) the Executive director of DDD in the finance management of DDD, in terms of finance management (tools, organization, optimization of daily management).
More specificaly, you will be in charge of:
Financial management system
- Advise and propose scenarios of set up for the financial teams of DDD in Syria and Turkey (by country, split accountant and finance)
- Assist finance director for needs identification, recruitment selection, recruitments interviews and tests for the finance managers (some positions are still vacant)
- Propose training plan and adapt training modules needed
- Evaluate DDD needs for accountancy and financial tools, and propose adaptation of tools, taking to account the donors rules and expectations for the coming audits (accountancy and finance)
- Evaluate procedures and adaptation (including Cash management policy)
- Support the finance director and managers into tools configuration or tool specifications in case of change
Financial management and risks identification
- Cost optimization on donors contracts (including cofundings), and training of financial managers on the donors contracts optimization
- Establish a regular monitoring of shared costs methodology in link with the development policy of DDD, distinction costs DDD structure "headquarters" Vs country coordination, optimize support costs
- Audit of the current circuit of financial flows and expenditure and propose optimized solutions
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Verify financial settlements of accounts, follow-up and reports including donors one
- Adapt risk identification dashboard, establish financials risks to anticipate the audits
- Implement dashboards for financial indicators
Starting date: As soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 2 817 euros
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Regular visits in the different sites inside Turkey
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Training & Experience:
Master in Finance or equivalent
Experience in finance training
Experience as a financial manager in headquarter and international missions as financial coordinator
Team player, precision, flexibility, autonomy, tactfully, teaching skills
Master in Excel
Master in SAGA and accountancy system
Fluent in English
French a plus
Synthesize and communicate accounting and budgetary information
Master co-financing rules
Follow an analytical plan, build and optimize a financial plan
Read, build and analyze a budget and budget follow-up
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.