- An interactive geo-referenced map of key Unified Beneficiary Registry (UBR) and 2018 Housing and Population Census data for the target District(s), which can be used as a tool for dissemination, measurement and Analysis of key development outcomes such as household resilience.
- District level authorities are provided with an integrated and inclusive SDG management tool to monitor multi-sector service delivery to households using geo-referenced data that is displayed in the dashboard in a user-friendly format.
- District-level data and management capabilities are strengthened to support the use of evidence to prioritise service delivery to communities/households that are most in need. This will deliver coordinated action against off-track SDGs.
- District authorities are able to design and implement coordinate “SDG Hotspot service responses”, based on analysis of data in the Hotspots system.
- Populated with quality verifiable data;
- Updates on all relevant stakeholder meetings that may impact the SHI.
- Ensure sound reporting and recording of key meetings held and decisions made at the district level (including Field Operations)
- Coordinate random spot checks on all data quality apects, as well as service delivery response(s).
- Ensure coordination and advisory among the various local stakeholders;
- Support the organisation of Phalombe-based Hotspots events and activities
- Support the organisation of local stakeholder coordination meetings
- Ensure project management compliance to UNDP Regulations and Rules at the field level
- Random spot-checks.
- Regular consultations with village heads that are beneficiaries of the initiative.
- Ensure that the project implementation on the ground is in compliance with the project document and with UNDP Regulations and Rules.
- Effective field application of RBM tools.
- Inputs into the evolving design of the database, what data and how it is being captures and support on the cleaning and verification of the data.
- Provision of regular (monthly) substantive and financial report from the field that will feed into over-arching Hotspots reporting to UNDP global and to the donors.
- Ensure on-the-ground follow up on Technical Committee recommendations. All exceptions are timely reported.
- Provide supervision on the activities of the Field Officer
- Development of partnerships in the Phalombe District as relevant with other UN Agencies, government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector, civil society to better leverage the results of the initiative.
- Provide inputs to the Project Manager that will contribute to the mobilization of further resources in order to meet the overall resource requirements of the initiative of the 4 years.
- Identification of sources of information related to data-gathering and analysis. Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt from the field, directly linked to SDG Hotspots that needs to be institutionally recorded by the DC office
- Sound contributions to the Project Manager who can, in turn, get the initiative included in knowledge networks and Communities of Practice with particular attention to best practices published in social networks such as Teamworks, Fusion, Twitter etc relating the SDG Hotspots.
- Provide facilitation for the organization of trainings for field and other support staff around the initiative.
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for a variety of audiences for advocating the innovative approaches within Hotspots.
- Assesses project performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into project work
- Researches linkages across project activities to identify critical points of integration
- Monitors specific stages of project implementation
- Analyzes country situation to identify opportunities for project development
- Participates in the formulation of project sub-activities and ensures substantive rigor in the design and application of proven successful approaches
- Maintains an established network of contacts for general information sharing and to remain up-to-date on partnership related issues
- Establishes and nurtures positive communication with partners
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things within the confines of the Prodoc
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches as they emerge from the initiative
- Identifies and communicates opportunities to promote learning and knowledge sharing
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Analyzes the requirements and synthesizes proposals
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Researches and documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system
- Demonstrates ability to diagnose problems and identifies and communicates processes to support change initiatives
- Gathers and analyses feedback from staff
- Maintains information/databases on system design features
- Develops simple system components
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Actively supports the interests of the client by making choices and setting priorities to meet their needs
- Anticipates client needs and addresses them promptly
- Gathers, analyses and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and Results-based Management systems
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Political Sciences, Social Sciences, or related field.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management and substantive advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects preferably those related to the strengthening of Local Governance, decentralization and municipal/local Service Delivery.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems and social knowledge networks.
- English proficiency is required
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.