Desired start date: 25/01/2021** Duration of the mission:** 9 months Location: Al TurbahApply Now
ABOUT THE MISSIONSI opened its mission in Yemen in 2017, establishing its Coordination in Aden. With the support of the Emergency team, SI mission was able to quickly acquire operational capacity, which was first deployed in Lahj Governorate, for implementation of WASH and Food Security Programming. The mission has a forecasted budget of about 10M Euros for the year 2021. It operates from Aden, where the coordination is based, and 2 operational field bases located in Al Turbah and Al Mokha. The mission is composed of approx. 20 expatriates and about 120 national staffs. Objectives for the mission for 2021 is to build on its Emergency Response capacity to expand in hard to reach areas, and develop qualitative interventions responding to emergency and protracted needs, while enhancing resilience. In Al Turbah and Taizz SI is currently implementing a project that is recovery oriented, based on an integrated wash/fsl and multi-year approach to support rural communities. In Taizz city, large urban wash infrastructures (pumping stations, boreholes) are being rehabilitated, as well as wash systems in public hospitals (water supply, sanitation and waste management). Water trucking for underserved frontline areas and wash in school component are also being developed, as well as comprehensive packages of wash services for urban neighborhoods.
ABOUT THE JOBGeneral objective: The Field Coordinator leads the base in Al Turbah. In coordination with the Technical Coordinators and under the leadership of the Country Director, he/she develops the response strategy of the mission. He/she supports and oversees the implementation of programs across the different areas of intervention. He/she actively coordinates with humanitarian partners and the community to identify emergency needs, gaps in response, and proposes appropriate response as part of the mandate of SI. With the support his/her team, he/she maintains close monitoring of the security situation in its areas of operation, and negotiates access to hard-to-reach areas with relevant stakeholders. He/she oversees support department and ensure adherence to SI procedures. Responsibilities and main activities:
- Coordination and strategic orientation
- Relevance and operational quality / operation monitoring
- Resource Management
- Human Resource management
- Financial backer relations / search for funding
- Internal and external communication
- Lead emergency-focused programming while ensuring transitional shift based on structural needs.
- Lead operations in highly insecure environments.
- Implement SI procedures and their compliance with a potential semi-Remote Management.
- Initiate necessary structural adaptations and to provide guidance to collaborators.
YOUR PROFILESpecific skills and experience:
- Masters’ degree or equivalent in law, political science, international organization management, project management or a relevant field
- Previous experience as Field Coordinator (1-2 year) a prerequisite
- Experience in security management in tensed context
- Experience in semi-remote management is an asset
- Experience in delivering training and Capacity Building of staff
- Knowledge of project cycle management, and project reporting
- Multi-project support experience;
- Knowledge and experience of Yemen or Middle East countries appreciated
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Skill transfer ability highly appreciated;
- Anticipation and self-organization capacities;
- Willingness to work in complex and volatile environments.
- Advanced leadership and management skills
- Good analytical and writing skills
- Advanced communication and negotiation skills
- Proactivity, flexibility, autonomy, pragmatism, solutions-oriented mindset.
- Capacity to work under pressure, solve problems and decide quickly on contingency actions.
- Good and proven writing and spoken English are required;
- Arabic speaking is an asset