Job Title: Field Assistant (1 Position)
Job Location: Kibish, Turkana
Reports to: Officer- ASAL Livelihoods – Turkana North and Kibish
Direct Reports: None
Contract Details: One (1) Year Fixed Term Renewable Contract Subject to Performance and Availability of Funds
Group Medical Cover (Principal and 2 dependants)
Group Life Assurance Cover
WIBA Plus/Personal Accident Cover
Job Summary: To develop capacity and support target communities on livelihoods related matters in Kibish, Turkana
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
· Work closely with the line government departments in Kibish including the Sub County, Ward and Village Administrators, Village Development Committees, Ward Livestock Production Officer, Ward Water Officer, Ward Animal Health Technician, Ward Crop Production Officer and Ward Public Health Team and Concern program staff in Kibish
· Provide technical leadership and mentorship to target community groups such as Natural Resource Management groups, Income Generating Groups, Pastoralist Field School Groups, Community Disaster Management Committees and Livestock Marketing Associations amongst others. The technical leadership and mentorship to the groups will entail motivating the group members to undertake the planned activities, document the progress made and provide appropriate feedback to the line manager on support needed for the target groups.
· Support the target community groups and individuals in target communities in developing work plans and/or action plans as appropriate.
· Support the target community groups and individuals in target communities access and link with relevant government and private sector actors located within the relevant wards where the field officer is located
· Link target community groups with government line departments at ward level for continued support
· Document case studies, at least 1 every month clearly demonstrating changes that are happening within the target communities, with close guidance from the line manager and the M&E Officer
· Represent Concern Worldwide in all development and humanitarian Coordination forums in Kibish including clearly documenting all meetings attended for ASAL Livelihoods programme reporting
· Relay timely and accurate information on any planned coordination meetings and Community Participation events happening in the ward/s immediately government officers publicize the event and ideally before the planned event happens.
· Responding to Emergencies:
· Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary
· Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
· Programme Participant Protection Policy
· To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct.
· At least one (1) years’ experience in implementing community projects in a similar role
· Must be able and willing to ride a motorbike. A valid motorbike riding license is an added advantage.
· Must be a resident of Kibish
· Strong written and oral communication, good computing and report writing skills
· Be able to work independently, as well as in a team
· Be willing to accept responsibility and to show good judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness
· Fluency in both spoken and written language in English and Kiswahili. Fluency in the local language is essential.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be revised by the line manager from time to time. This position is subject to Concern getting funding for the position.
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission.
Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment.
By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send their CV and Cover Letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email as ‘Field Assistant - Kibish’ by Tuesday 16th June, 2020
Each application should include three (3) referees who can validate technical expertise.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
CONCERN WORLDWIDE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT CHARGE FOR ANY KIND OF RECRUITMENT