FHI 360 has a long history supporting clinical research. Our Global Research Services (GRS) operating unit has become an independent, commercial organization named FHI Clinical Inc. FHI Clinical helps support and conduct clinical research in low-resource settings around the world. Our team includes clinical project managers, clinical research associates, research assistants, laboratory technologists, laboratory auditors, document specialists and instructional designers.
With culturally sensitive and multilingual employees in the United States, Africa, Asia, Latin America and Europe, FHI Clinical offers the following services to government and private sponsors:
- Project management
- Protection of participants’ safety and rights
- Site identification, evaluation and development
- Site monitoring, management and training
- Research operations
- Laboratory capacity building, auditing, and training
- Logistical support
We seek competitive and entrepreneurial candidates to join our team. https://www.fhiclinical.com/
Summary of the position:
The Feasibility Associate is responsible for performing tactical feasibility tasks in support of the Feasibility department; assist with compiling feasibility reports, communicating with respective country-level in-house personnel to gather information regarding sites, disease information, and other information as requested. S/he will contribute to developing presentations, facilitating site assessments, and analyzing enrollment potential for clinical trials.
- Research and compile information on therapeutic areas associated with clinical trial protocols.
- Research and summarize published scientific papers and data in support of feasibility efforts.
- Assist in the gathering of relevant information such as incidence/prevalence, standards of care, treatment trends, competing trials, and other information as necessary to provide an overall assessment regarding the feasibility of protocol implementation.
- Collaborate with other internal teams and interface with consultants and partners as necessary to gather information.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources as necessary to gather and share feasibility information.
- Assist in the development and distribution of site feasibility questionnaires to obtain key information from investigators as necessary to support feasibility assessment efforts.
- Collect and compile site information so that this information can be analyzed for trends and other pertinent information.
- Support feasibility team efforts to provide input into proposals as well as other business development support activities.
- Participate as needed in internal team meetings to present feasibility findings and rationale.
- Support feasibility team efforts related to overall organizational strategic initiatives aimed at process improvement and increasing organizational effectiveness.
- Presentation of feasibility data to internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree or its International equivalent in Life Sciences or related field required.
- Master's degree or PhD strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of clinical research experience.
- Experience assembling data such as publication and epidemiology data (data mining).
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Exceptional verbal, presentation and writing skills required.
- Research or dissertation writing experience preferred.
- Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time. Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Expected travel time is less than 10% for this position.
** Given our current policies and procedures regarding remote work in response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, company personnel may not have access to technologies such as copiers, printers, etc.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned with or without notice.
FHI Clinical, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.