Social Impact is a Global Development Management Consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity Building Services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and Economic Growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral Development Banks, foundations, and nonprofits. Project Objective: The United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Regional Development Mission for Asia (RDMA) conducted a Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance (DRG) Assessment for Thailand in 2020 to provide critical inputs for future strategy development. The DRG Assessment recommended that USAID RDMA conduct an additional in-depth assessment of priority government and civil society organization/networks and processes identified in the broader DRG Assessment, as well as other potential entry points and programming options. Social Impact has been asked to conduct this follow-on assessment which will identify specific findings and recommendations for USAID RDMA based on the current context, operating environment, and that aligns with USAID’s policies and priorities. Position Description: SI is seeking an individual to fulfill the role of Facilitator for this Governance Programmatic Assessment. The Facilitator will support the Team Leader and the research team in the submission of deliverables and lead the workshops with USAID to inform future DRG programming. The Facilitator will ensure quality assurance and timeliness of the workshops, including adherence to SI’s quality assurance standards. The project will begin in November and is projected to last until February 2020. The desk review will be performed remotely, and fieldwork will likely be required by local team members in late December or January depending on the results of the desk review and feedback received from RDMA. Responsibilities:Apply Now
- Assist USAID in responding to the recommendations outlined in the DRG Assessment and assessing priority government and Civil Society Organizations/networks in Thailand.
- Lead a validation workshop with relevant USAID/RDMA staff on the assessment questions and proposed methodology.
- Following Data Collection and Analysis, lead a workshop with USAID to support and facilitate future programming.
- Undertake key informant interviews with relevant stakeholders as required.
- Support the drafting of required deliverables, including but not limited to a presentation on initial findings, workshop materials, and a draft and final assessment report.
- Contribute to research and support the drafting of the assessment desk review report and the final report analysis as needed.
- Minimum of a master’s degree and five years of relevant experience.
- Extensive experience working with USAID programming and familiarity with the USAID program cycle.
- Extensive experience in CLA, particularly facilitation skills.
- Significant experience in Thailand and/or DRG programming will be considered an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, writing, and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English required. Knowledge of Thai will be considered a significant asset.