Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending Extreme Poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
Vice Presidency Context:
Information and Technology Solutions (ITS) enables the WBG to achieve its mission of ending extreme poverty by 2030 and boosting shared prosperity in a sustainable manner by delivering transformative information and technologies to its staff working in over 130 client countries.
ITS services range from: establishing the infrastructure to reach and connect staff and development stakeholders; providing the devices and agile technology and information applications to facilitate the science of delivery through decentralized services; creating and maintaining tools to integrate information across the World Bank Group, the clients we serve and the countries where we operate; and delivering the computing power staff need to analyze development challenges and identify solutions.
The ITS Business Model combines dedicated business solutions centers that provide services tailored to specific World Bank Group business needs and shared services that provide infrastructure, applications and platforms for the entire Group. ITS is one of three VPUs that have been brought together as the World Bank Group Integrated Services (WBGIS), to provide enhanced corporate core services and enable the institution to operate as one strategic and coordinated entity.
The ITS Rapid Application Development (ITSRD or RAD) offers fee-based services across the World Bank Group to help quickly solve specific business problems that fall out of scope from enterprise Information Technology solutions. RAD uses an accelerated, collaborative, and agile approach to develop these solutions for business partners by providing a full-service approach that includes:
1. Assisting clients to navigate the World Bank IT processes and procedures more efficiently;
2. Providing fast turnaround on Software Development and enhancements to new and existing applications that fall out of scope from enterprise IT offerings; and
3. Offering quality deliverables and scalable solutions for individual business needs
Duties & Responsibilities:
Working closely with the BA Team Lead and relevant RAD staff/contractors, the Business Analyst will be responsible for the following deliverable:
• Conduct overall business Analysis, organize discovery sessions with stakeholders, gather, and document business requirements
• Formulate and define project scope and objectives based on user needs and through an understanding of business processes
• Document changes to requirements throughout the project and route information following established guidelines and change control process
• Work with delivery / operations management teams to recommend good practices on activities such as providing high level estimates, agile development, testing, and support.
• Validate and obtain sign-off for functional requirements/specifications
• Act as a liaison between the client, development teams, and support teams
• Create and deliver presentations to clients and gather their feedback
• Create and manage project plans and schedules
• Work closely with HQ staff and Offshore teams to ensure timely delivery of projects
• Work with BA team to contribute content and maintain the Business Analysis Center of Excellence
• Research, suggest and implement best practices for business analysis
• Support the development and delivery of user training
• Work with BA and QA teams focusing on quality and process improvements for better results by applying statistical analysis
• Establish checkpoints and lists to ensure all required input is provided by Bas including wireframes, visual Design aides and content Mapping for all website projects
• Review QA Strategy including test analysis and plan for all large/complex projects
• Implement regular code reviews (either by other developers or CoE) to eliminate avoidable debt
• Conduct a review of RAD processing guidelines to support continuous Improvement and Innovation focused on creating value, reducing costs and improving performance
• Expand areas of engagement for business analysis focusing on operations and ICT
• Perform other related duties as required
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum 3 years of experience in conducting structured discovery sessions, managing or leading projects, eliciting key information, and documenting business requirements, user stories, use cases, functional and non-functional requirements.
• In-depth experience in conducting business process analysis, mapping enterprise processes, activities, workflows and identifying gaps between current and future states.
• Ability to synthesize and document large volume of data.
• Proven ability to structure and prioritize requirements to allow iterative implementation.
• Formal training and professional certifications in Business Analysis would be an added advantage.
• Formal training, professional certification, and/or experience in Agile methodologies is a plus.
• Experience in conducting project management tasks and creating project plans.
• Prior work experience and familiarity with WBG IT systems.
• High degree of knowledge in application development life cycles and quality improvement methodologies.
• Highest ethical standards, personal integrity, effectiveness and demonstrated commitment to teamwork to complete tasks within deadlines.
• Experience in working with data and exposure to one or more business process modeling tools such as MS Axure, Visio, TFS, etc.
• Strong communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to advise and train users in the use of systems/applications and effectively prepare specifications and other written reports/documentation in a clear, concise style.
• Excellent inter-personal and analytical skills.
• Ability to multi-task projects and be part of a fast-paced team spread across different locations and time zones.
• Deliver Results for Clients - Proactively addresses clients stated and unstated needs.
• Collaborate within teams and across boundaries - Collaborates across boundaries, gives own perspective and willingly receives diverse perspectives.
• Create Apply and Share Knowledge - Applies knowledge across RAD and ITS to strengthen solutions for internal and/or external clients.
• Make Smart Decisions - Interprets a wide range of information and pushes to move forward.
• Experience in using Microsoft TFS, Axure, Adobe XD, or similar tools for requirements analysis, wireframing, and monitoring development
• Risk Management - Identifies potential risks and develops preventive plans for procedural activities.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.