With financial support of the Government of Sweden, the United Nations (UN) in Bosnia and Herzegovina, administered through United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) started “The SDGs Roll-out Support and Private Sector Engagement Project in Bosnia and Herzegovina”, with the aim to instigate landing of the Agenda 2030 in the country, as well as capacitate and prepare private and public sector partners for the SDGs’ implementation, thus directly support the country’s efforts to contribute to the largest global agenda that exists today – Agenda 2030. The Project envisages two outputs as follows:Apply Now
- SDGs Roadmap for BIH developed, and implementation started;
- Private sector actors sensitized and engaged in SDGs prioritization, planning and implementation.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesAgainst the previously described background, the Consultant will have the following specific tasks: Task 1: Develop general template for sustainability reporting of companies in BiH using methodology based on GRI standards As a first step, the Consultant will familiarise herself/himself with the existing evaluation methodology and perform desk review of the data received from applicant companies within the SDG Business Pioneers Award 2020 and GRI standards matrix. Following the review, the Consultant will be expected to provide draft template for sustainability reporting that will be user-frindly for companies in BIH. The template should contain interrelated, UN Global Compact and GRI Standards based indicators and parameters enabling the quantitave reporting. Upon approval by the project team, the Consultant will integrate suggestions and produce the template for sustainability reporting and meaningfully utilise already existing data from the companies. It is envisaged that this task will be delivered by 1 September 2020 and the level of effort should not exceed 3 expert days. Task 2: Prepare blueprint annual reports for companies finalists in the SDG Business Pioneers Award 2020 Once the template for sustainability reporting is approved by the project team, the Consultant will use it as a blueprint and prepare draft annual sustainability reports for 23 companies (micro, small, medium and large) finalists of the SDG Business Pioneers Award 2020. The report for each company will be based but not limited on the data received from the company during the SDG Business Pioneers Award 2020 application procedure, publicly available data and if necessarly specific explanations given by the applicants (email, call). The reports will integrate social, economic and environmental dimension of the progress in a company and will enable benchmarking of future improvements. The Project will provide support with the graphical/visual identity of the reports and the Consultant will be expected to deliver the data in the format that can be efficiently transferred to the Design developed in agreement with the Project. It is envisaged that this task will be delivered in the period 1 September - 15 September 2020 and the level of effort will not exceed 4 expert days. The entire service will be delivered in English language. Task 1: Develop general template for sustainability reporting of companies in BiH using methodology based on GRI standards • Template for sustainability reporting of companies in BiH finalised. 3 1 September 50% Task 2: Prepare blueprint annual reports for companies finalists in the SDG Business Pioneers Award 2020 • Content and visual identity of the annual sustainability report agreed between the project and the Consultant. • Annual sustainability reports for 23 companies finalists of the SDG Business Pioneers Award 2020 drafted. 4 15 September 50
CompetenciesJOB KNOWLEDGE/TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- External authority in own discipline
- Contributes to knowledge/information that extends the boundaries of knowledge in the discipline
- Is recognized outside the organization as a world-class authority in their discipline
- Applies an in-depth knowledge of best practices within the discipline; effectively uses this information to improve work practices within the function and the organization
- Keeps abreast of new developments in area of professional discipline and job knowledge and seeks to develop him/herself professionally
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of standard Computer Software Applications and Information Technology including electronic communication and seeks to apply it in work tasks
- Creating a climate for conceptual innovation
- Promotes conceptual innovation in the provision of technical expertise
- Advocates for resources required for conceptual innovation
- Promotes strategic direction for Capacity Building in the provision of technical expertise
- Creating a culture of innovation
- Models and innovative thinking and innovative approaches to meeting UNDP’s mandate
- Creates a climate that encourages innovation and acceptance of change
- Provides authoritative guidance regarding methods and approaches to meeting UNDP’s objectives
- Leads change and implements effective change strategy
- Shapes the organization’s programmatic vision and guides its adaptation into programme priorities
- Advocating for client needs
- Demonstrates a commitment to the provision of quality service to clients, promoting a mindset of valuing clients
- Provides client groups with opportunities for active participation/consultation on decisions relevant to their needs
- Develops strategic partnerships with clients to integrate common interests in support of UNDP’s strategic direction
- Reviews overall achievement of service level agreements with clients
- Leverages a network of senior level contacts and decision makers to pursue new approaches
Required Skills and ExperienceAcademic Qualifications/Education
- University degree in public Administration, political science, economics or a related field.
- More than 3 years of progressive experience in design of development measures and policies;
- Previous experience with development of methodological approaches, identifying trends and challenges in Bosnia and Herzegovina, particularly in the area of sustainable development;
- Previous experience in facilitation of private sector development processes in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Proven analytical skills and ability to conceptualise and write concisely and clearly;
- Proven communication and advocacy skills, and ability to work in an environment requiring liaison and collaboration with multiple actors including private sector and other stakeholders.
- Fluency in languages of BIH and excellent command of English.
- * Technical Criteria weight-70%
- * Financial Criteria weight- 30%
- Explaining why they are the most suitable for the work
- Provide a brief methodology on how they will approach and conduct the work; defining content needed for annual SDG reporting for BIH private sector companies;
- For an assignment requiring travel, consultants of 65 years or more require full medical examination and statement of fitness to work to engage in the consultancy.
- Due to large number of potential applicants, only competitively selected candidates will be contacted for remaining steps of the service procurement process.