Are you passionate about helping people displaced by war and conflict? Do you want to support the leadership of a global displacement organisation working in more than 30 countries? Norwegian Refugee Council welcomes your interest in a position that will give you unique insight into the governance of an international humanitarian NGO.**Apply Now
Duties and responsibilitiesPlease check We Can Offer section below to review the Job Description and detailed duties and responsibilities. The Executive Assistant to the Secretary General is responsible for managing the Secretary General (SG)’s schedule and correspondence, preparing meetings and travel, and for providing other high-level administrative support to the SG as needed.
- Relevant higher education
- At least 3 years of professional experience, ideally including high-level Coordination and administrative tasks. Experience handling diplomatic/protocolary issues is an asset.
- Relevant experience within the humanitarian field is an asset
- Fluency and excellent writing skills in both English and Norwegian
- Excellent organisational skills
- Documented ability to deliver precise and accurate work according to tight deadlines
- A high degree of flexibility and service attitude, ability to change agenda and focus in order to be able to handle ad hoc situations and tasks. Personal suitability for the position will be emphasized.
Personal qualitiesThese are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies and the following are essential for this position: Planning and delivering results Working with people Communicating with impact and respect Coping with change
We can offerJob Description
- This is a permanent position with a start date as soon as possible.
- Located at the NRC Head Office in Oslo.
- Being part of a strongly committed team in an international work environment.