Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1 Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle.
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international Development Finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and The Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Events Management and Commercial Services Unit (OAFA-EC) within the Facilities Administration Division (OAFA). OAFA is under the Office of Administrative Services (OAS).
OAS manages the building, office space facilities, and delivers over 70 diverse services essential for ADB's operation. It provides administrative support to ADB Management and staff and delivers quality products and services at an affordable cost. The office is headed by the Principal Director (PD) and supported by Division Directors who manage the respective business units.
OAFA-EC is responsible for events management, food services, commercial services, commissary, and gas station.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Events Management Assistant will assist and liaise with various business units in providing administrative and logistical support to ADB hosted events held at the Headquarters and within Metro Manila, involving external participants. The incumbent will report to the designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
- Assists in regularly updating and managing the database of events, events management website and online registration system
- Assists the host unit in delineating responsibilities based on the nature/category of events, required resources, and time frame through the Event Planning Checklist
- Provides logistical assistance in pre-event, onsite and post-event activities, in close collaboration with host units, business units concerned and their service providers and external suppliers, including the implementation of best practices under ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001 standards
- Assists in providing accurate, timely and pro-active response to pre-event, onsite and post-event queries and requests
- Assists in determining requirements and facilitating of logistical arrangements, such as food and beverage arrangements, venue lay-out, audiovisual and IT support, visitors' registration and other events related requirements
- Assists in coordinating event registration, Mobile Application set-up and website build through EventsAIR.
- Works closely with The Secretary's Office protocol arrangements and Department of Communications on the media reception.
- Assists in drafting administrative memos, correspondences and reports
- Supports the review and implementation of business process improvements of OAS
- Establishes strong rapport with internal and external clients and service partners
- Assists in the preparation of budget and financial reports, processing and monitoring requests for payment, and invoices/billings of suppliers/service providers
- Assists in obtaining the most cost effective rates from accredited external suppliers and service providers
- Performs other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent's work plan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel and Restaurant Administration, Tourism, Business Administration, or related academic disciplines.
- At least 5 years of work experience in events management
- Exposure in the hospitality industry (preferably in hotel services or conference services), is an advantage
- Thorough knowledge of ADB's or multicultural organization's policies and procedures, meeting , and Facilities Management procedures and all other in-house and external services needed for event planning.
- Proven ability in handling simultaneous large/high-level multi-events.
- Proven ability to undertake background research and Analysis, collect and organize data. and information, apply appropriate computer skills in analyzing and developing data, and prepare draft notes, memos, correspondences and reports.
- Excellent computer skills with sound knowledge of common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics software including web/electronic mail.
- Knowledge in diplomatic protocol.
- Good communication skills both written and oral in English.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff levels 4-5.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.