- Assist in the Analysis of requirements and synthesis of reports for the planning, preparation and management of specific thematic, country programme/project evaluations;
- Support inputs and monitor progress of the evaluation plan;
- Monitor progress of UN Sustainable Development Corporation Framework (UNSDCF) and assist in the M&E Results Groups for the UNSDCF;
- Monitor progress of the Country Programme and its alignment to the UNSDCF as well as the Global UNDP Strategic Plan;
- Support coordination with the programme teams on M&E related requirements;
- Follow up on implementation of evaluation recommendations, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of reports;
- Assist in the promotion of evaluation standards, quality assurance/control and Capacity Development in the Country Office;
- Support coordination and logistics and administrative requirements of M&E related processes.
- Ensures timely and accuracy of M&E data and reports in line with the Corporate requirements as stated in M&E guidelines
- Support on CO compliance to corporate and internal M&E requirements including documentation, updating of key dashboard and portals, as well as ensuring timely submission of project progress report;
- Ensure that project and CO data are entered and updated on a timely basis on corporate portals namely, but not limited to, IATI, ERC, QA page, IWP, ROAR etc, in consultation with Programme Managers & PSU (Programme Support Unit);
- Compilation and quality-assured project mid-year project report (MYPR) and annual progress reports (APR), as well as the Project Implementation Review (PIR);
- Provision of the technical inputs at the design stage of programmes/projects setting up a framework with defined indicators at the design stage to facilitate the evaluation at the later stages.
- Guidance on UNDP evaluation policies, procedures and practices to programme managers, UNDP Country Office, project staff consultants and/or members of the evaluation team concerned with assigned project/thematic/sectoral evaluations and/or desk reviews.
- Drafting/revision of Terms of Reference (TOR) for specific project/thematic/sectoral evaluation missions and/or desk evaluations/reviews, participation in consultant and evaluation team selection, and technical feedback on evaluations.
- Follow up on implementation of evaluation recommendations and support in ensuring the optimal use of evaluations by providing guidance in preparation of timely management response to all mandatory evaluations and by developing a communication plan.
- Analysis and preparation of reports on areas evaluated, effectiveness and impact of UNDP programme and projects, including the preparation of UNDP Malaysia’s Annual Reports.
- Support the audit and spot-check process, and the compilation of audit plan and update the dashboard;
- Ensure documentation to support the CO audit process.
- Support extraction of relevant proagramme/project information for further compilation and analysis;
- Research and compilation of data from internal and external sources; preparation of analyses, impacts, assessment, documents and reports;
- Support in preparing communication briefs, blogpost and op-eds to highlight key issues or impact of UNDP programmes to support dissemination and communication of impacts;
- Contributions to development of routine as well as ad-hoc survey data collection tools;
- Support the organization of stakeholders’ workshops with external partners and taking detailed minutes of meeting & follow up on other relevant documentation;
- Support and provide Capacity Building and transfer of knowledge on M&E to counterparts / local government officials at local level;
- Support office-wide priorities and functions.
- Participation in the training for the operations/programme staff;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and Communities of Practice.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
- Informed and transparent decision making
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions especially in relation to fostering CO programmatic integration
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based Management Systems
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Responds to client needs promptly
- Minimum 5 years (Bachelor’s degree) or 3 years (Master’s degree) of progressively responsible experience is required.
- Knowledge/experience in collection of data and preparation of reports;
- Experience in Monitoring & Evaluation and/or research-related field would be an added advantage;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages; experience in handling of web-based management systems;
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.