WFP Lesotho seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. ABOUT WFP The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS EducationApply Now
- Post graduate university qualification in environmental science, natural resources or related discipline
- At least 6 years of relevant working experience in experience in conducting evaluations/assessments/research of FFA/resilience/Climate Change/ environment/natural resources; experience in Analysis of resilience/Food Security related data and presentation of finding
- Contribute substantively to the Design of the evaluation approach and methodology; including determination of the sampling strategy, Data Collection and Data Analysis methods;
- Participate in the debriefing and or presentation stakeholders at all levels of the evaluation and in the quantitative and qualitative data analysis as per data analysis plan developed during the inception, ensuring that data is analysed in ways that allow answers to the specific evaluation questions as outlined in the inception report;
- Lead data collection tool development focusing on the impact of assets created and public works on the environment and data analysis on environmental risk analysis, the appropriateness/relevance of the assets created in terms of effectiveness in Environmental Management, land rehabilitation, ecosystem restoration etc
- Contribute to draft of the evaluation report, especially the presentation of the data; and submit to the leader for consolidation and to the revision of the evaluation report based on feedback from quality support services to produce draft 2 which will be circulated to stakeholders for comments;
- Cover all aspects relating to the outcomes of asset creation activities in relation to the environment;
- Lead the drafting and revision of the evaluation products in environmental analysis and provide feedback on the evaluation process.
- Contribute to finalisation of the report based on inputs from stakeholders;
- Knowledge and skills in applying different evaluation/research design approaches and methodologies.
- Good Analytical skills, including ability to use proxies and estimations in data constrained environments.
- In depth understanding of the Lesotho context.
- Good written and oral communication skills (will be asked to submit examples of recent products as evidence of ability to write)
- At least 6 years of relevant working experience in experience in conducting evaluations/assessments/research of FFA/resilience/climate change/ environment/natural resources; experience in analysis of resilience/food security related data and presentation of finding