Energy Division Technical Support for Project Preparation and Pipeline Consultant Background of this search: The aim of this consultancy is to provide support to the Energy Division (INE/ENE) of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) with the preparation and execution of co-financed Energy Sector projects under the Clean Technology Fund (CTF), Strategic Climate Fund (SUP), and other donors projects. The consultant will support the preparation and execution of related operations, used as co-financing for operations such as loans, investment grants and Technical Cooperation (TC) in the energy sector, and other reports or arrangements needed to advance the Design, Administration, monitoring and execution of related energy sector operations. The consultant will also support in conducting research in the energy sector, gathering and analyzing energy related data through statistical Analysis, creating, updating and managing databases, and preparing and reviewing write ups or documents in the energy field, that will contribute to the preparation and execution of projects and operations. The team’s mission: The specific objectives of this consultancy are to: (i) provide technical assistance in the identification, preparation, design, implementation, monitoring and administration of related operations and initiatives developed by the Energy Division; (ii) provide advice to the Energy Division’s project teams that develop projects; (iii) contribute to the identification of possible projects and hence contribute to the Energy Division’s portfolio and pipeline for related operations and (iv) collaborate on the supervision, monitoring and evaluation of co-financed projects. What you’ll do:Apply Now
- The consultant will collaborate in the identification, preparation and execution of related projects prepared and executed by INE/ENE or other executing agencies recognized by the IDB.
- Collaborate in the identification, origination and preparation of related energy operations (operations such as loans, investment grants and Technical Cooperation (TC) in the energy sector;
- Provide technical advice to energy operations and energy related operations and perform quality control reviews of energy operational documents for accuracy, clarity, conciseness and consistency;
- Participate in Quality Risk Review of related operations - briefings, Energy Projects meetings, negotiations and missions, and prepare minutes, briefs on projects status;
- Collaborate in the application of related operations in terms of environmental and processing policies and ensure energy projects prepared are consistent and in compliance with standards; assist in the preparation of mid-term and final reports of the execution of related Projects. Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of project results and outcomes.
- Update schedules and progress reports under preparation and execution, which includes updating project information within IDB’s operational systems.
- Coordinate calls for proposals for energy sector studies, review and awards processes, prepare Terms of Reference (TOR) and contract packages, follow up on the status of related energy operations, sector consultancies, prepare evaluations, and request payments as needed.
- Collaborate with related energy operations and energy related operations development, including the associated IDB loans and TCs used as Co-financing sources for related projects, particularly in the preparation of TC Profiles (TCP), Plans of Operations (PO), Project Profiles (PP), and Project Operational Documents (POD).
- Ability to work independently, within the initiative and responsibility, and establish work priorities.
- Effective communication orally and in writing with diverse audiences and professional presence through clear and respectful communication;
- Ability to work as a team member to complete tasks, achieve common goals and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Type of contract: Consultant, monthly.
- Length of contract: Six (6) months, with possibility of extension up to 36 based on good performance.
- Starting date: First Trimester 2021.
- Location: IADB Headquarters, Washington DC, USA
- Responsible person: Energy Division Chief (INE/ENE)
- Requirements: You must be a citizen of one of the IDB’s 48 member countries and have no family members currently working at the IDB Group.