The Organisation Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. The Opportunity The Emergency Response Manager will lead and manage the emergency response Team (ERT) and associated emergency programs and be the interface between the Emergency Response Team and the Head of Programs. The ERM is responsible for the quality and effectiveness of Plan’s emergency response. He is the leader of the Emergency Response Team, responsible and accountable for developing, coordinating and managing all emergency activities relating to the response to the NW-SW socio-political crisis. The ERM has overall responsibility for the Security and well-being of ERT staff, plus programmes and assets. The ERM is expected to provide strategic leadership in all areas of emergency programming and strengthen the ERT overall capacity to be prepared and respond to any expansion or extension of the crisis in accordance with accepted principles and practices, as well as strategically integrate emergency programming within the overall program approach. As a member of the Emergency Response Management Team (ERMT), the ERM is also expected to actively contribute to the overall governance of the country office, and delivery of its strategic and annual operating plan. Do you have what it takes?Apply Now
- Proven relevant humanitarian aid experience in a complex conflict setting as well as Natural Disasters.
- High level of all aspects of managerial experience, including managing multi-million dollar
- Experience in complex decision making and leading a multi-disciplinary, multi-national team
- under difficult circumstances.
- High level of expertise in representation and negotiation with governments and donors.
- Strong understanding of the humanitarian emergency operating context, including Sphere,
- The humanitarian system, donors, security, civil-military liaison, and Program Management.
- Fluency in English and French