UNICEF Lebanon Country Office is looking for an Education Specialist to support the Chief in managing the section, playing a key role in bringing innovation to the development and preparation of education programmes UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up. For every child, Education Under the guidance and general supervision of Chief o Education, the Specialist supports the development and preparation of the Education (or a sector of) programs/projects and is responsible for managing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting of progress of education programs/projects within the country program. The Specialist provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes to facilitate the administration and achievement of results on education programs/projects to improve learning outcomes and equitable and inclusive education especially for children who are marginalized, disadvantaged and excluded in society. The Specialist contributes to achievement of results according to plans, allocation, results based-management approaches and methodology (RBM) and UNICEF’s Strategic Plans, standards of performance and accountability framework. How can you make a difference? Summary of key functions/accountabilities:Apply Now
- Support to programs/projects development and planning
- Program management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support to program implementation
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- An Advanced University Degree in education, economics, psychology, sociology or other social science field is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in social development planning and management in education and related areas at the international level, some of which preferably in a developing country is required. Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Builds and maintains partnerships (II)
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (II)
- Drive to achieve results for impact (II)
- Innovates and embraces change (II)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (II)
- Thinks and acts strategically (II)
- Work collaboratively with others (II)
- Nurtures, leads and manages people (II)