The Revenue Administration 2 Division of the Fiscal Affairs Department in the IMF, is looking for two experienced candidates to fill Economist/Senior Economist Vacancies. The selected candidates will be expected to lead and participate in review/diagnostic missions in a wide range of countries to develop recommended strategies and implementation plans for:Apply Now
- Implementing major tax policy and administrative reforms;
- Improving the organization and management of tax and/or customs administrations, including the Design and role of headquarters, key functions, and segmentation strategies;
- Modernizing procedures for the assessment and collection of taxes, customs duties, and social Security contributions; and
- Developing balanced service and enforcement programs.
QualificationsApplicants should hold a university degree or equivalent qualifications in a field related to taxation, such as economics, accounting, Law, or business administration. In addition, the candidates should have:
- Extensive operational and management experience in the field of tax administration, including several years of direct experience in a tax administration headquarters at a senior management level (with exposure to customs also being an advantage);
- Led or participated in the implementation of major tax policy and administration reforms in developed and/or developing countries;
- A sound understanding of effective tax policies and administrative approaches for transition economies and developing countries, based on a combination of theoretical and practical experience; and
- Given the division’s country coverage and the work areas in which these vacancies have arisen, interested candidates would ideally be fluent in English and/or French.