Job Purpose The Project Officer will work under direct supervision of the Program Coordinator and in close coordination with the Economic Justice MEAL coordinator and other Program team members and partners. This position is expected to provide support to the team to plan and implement the project activities successfully. S/he will be responsible for developing and updating project knowledge management systems and assisting in reporting and influencing work. Post Conditions Type of contract: Fixed term contract Contract Duration: One year (renewable depending on staff performance) Working hours: Full time (40 hours/week) Location: Based in Tunis, Tunisia with travels to the MENA region. Salary and Conditions: Local Contract; according to Oxfam salary scale and HR policy and conditions in Tunisia. Starting date: Soonest possible Reporting to: Program Coordinator Key Responsibilities Project Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation of the Project (70%) • Support Program Coordinator in preparation and revision of annual plan with budget and Partner Grant Agreements. • Develop a detailed project implementation plan including workplans with the support of project and partner teams. • Prepare regular project implementation updates and submit to the Program Coordinator. • Contribute to and work closely with the Program Coordinator and MEAL Coordinator in reviewing, compiling, and drafting all project quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports. • Prepare case studies, process, and learning documentations of the project. • Assist to organize review and reflection meetings with partner staff and project members periodically to plan and monitor the budget and expenditure to ensure funds are spent within the timeframe acceptable to Oxfam and the donor and ensuring the compliance and policy of Oxfam/donor are adhered to. • Contribute in conducting needs assessment and research related to mid-term review and final evaluation. • Assist the Program Coordinator and MEAL Coordinator in ensuring mainstreaming gender and social inclusion in project activities participation in the project. • Take lead in implementing influencing and campaign activities in close coordination of partners and networks. • Develop MEAL plan and tools and ensure its effective implementation by project and partner team. • Ensure programs’ MEAL frameworks are implemented as planned and adapted as needed following lessons learned from implementation or changes in the intervention logic and/or context. • Develop, under the supervision of MEAL Coordinator and Program Coordinator, impact indicators and empowering methods of measurement –such as surveys, most significant change stories, outcome harvesting process, etc. • Conduct regular field visits for program monitoring and quality assurance. Capacity Building of Partners’ Staff (20%) • Conduct capacity development needs assessment of the partner team and assist in organizing adequate capacity building activities for them including but not limited to customized MEAL support, data collection tool development, and others. • Provide technical support to the partner team to implement project activities. • Take lead in organizing and conducting relevant meetings, trainings, workshops and exposure visits for project stakeholders. • Provide ongoing support to partners through regular progress communications by identifying unique areas of need and how to address them on the part of Oxfam. Learning, Knowledge Management and Sharing (10%) • Assist the program staff and partners in extracting critical lessons learned as well as identifying and highlighting achievements of stated project objectives and outcomes. • Organize learning events, facilitate reflective learning processes by stakeholders around program indicators and outcomes, and assist with delivery of Oxfam reporting tools for each project. Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge EssentialApply Now
- Bachelors in business, economics, development, project management or other relevant subject.
- Working experience in social and economic development and/or private sector development including and not limited to; youth participation, employment, social entrepreneurship.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in project management, including managing workplans, reports, compliance, and technical support.
- Knowledge and proven experience in monitoring and evaluation tools such as surveys, stories of change, and knowledge of indicators.
- Experience in gathering, analyzing, and presenting quantitative and qualitative data
- Good knowledge of youth employment, social entrepreneurship, economic empowerment, gender mainstreaming, participatory development sectors.
- Sound understanding of global and regional policies and trends related to above sectors.
- Knowledge of and working experience related to influencing and advocacy, campaigns, stakeholder management.
- Very good communication and reporting skills in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Strong skills in report writing, data management, and analysis skills.
- Familiarity with monitoring and evaluation systems for development projects preferably in the MENA region.
- Analysis and internal communication of the local context to inform appropriate planning.
- Supervision of the work of partners and community-based organizations with problem solving skills for delivery of the project.
- Networking and coordination skills with key local actors.