Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations. Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Early Recovery Coordinator or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer Early Recovery & Livelihoods Cluster Coordinator will:Apply Now
- In close collaboration with the representative of the Ministry of Return, Reconstruction and Recovery (MRRR) of Borno state, ensure effective coordination of all relevant actors by:
- Regularly convening partners for coordination and information exchanges
- Regularly updating an information database and platform ensuring the capturing and sharing of information on interventions by all relevant actors
- Ensuring that all partner interventions and service delivery are driven by the Response Plan and strategic priorities identified in conjunction with the MRRR.
- Developing mechanisms to eliminate duplication of service delivery.
- Ensure appropriate links with national and local authorities, State institutions, local civil society and other relevant actors in support of coordination and information exchange.
- Promote early recovery and livelihoods efforts to strengthen the capacity of the national authorities and civil society, including staff and cluster partners
- Lead and / or support the development of strategies and implementation plans for reconstruction and recovery by:
- Developing sectoral plans, objectives and indicators that directly support return, recovery and reconstruction of the North East.
- Identifying and establishing contact with all relevant stakeholders, including representatives of affected populations and ensure utilization of participatory and community-based approaches in sectoral needs assessments, analysis, planning, monitoring and response
- Applying and adhering to common standards and guidelines.
- Clarifying funding requirements, helping to set priorities, and agreeing cluster contributions to the HC’s overall humanitarian funding proposals.
- Degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in Social Science (International Development or International Relations) or a related field is required
- At least 2 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in large organizations with dispersed operations and/or in the public and private sector; experience working within the UN system, preferably in an operational UN Agency or other international development organization;
- Experience in humanitarian response and recovery operations (complex emergencies and/or natural disasters) is desirable.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Livelihoods- Emergency Employment, Economic Recovery, Government Employment, Cash Coordination
- Governance - Rule of Law, Peace and Reconciliation, Community Stability, Social Cohesion, Local Governance, Civil Society;