Exciting opportunity in ECD. Support overall planning, implementation and monitoring of the integrated programming platform to promote Early Childhood Development in UNICEF Zambia. This involves supporting the ECD Task Force as the key forum through which coordinated, community level programming is supported by UNICEF Zambia in the areas of early childhood education, playful parenting, household Nutrition counselling and behaviour change. UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up. For every child, Education ... The UNICEF Programme of Cooperation with the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) is designed to address and mitigate the threat of poverty the country’s children face, while responding to the needs with interventions addressing the multiple causative factors. To find out more about UNICEF’s work in Zambia, please visit https://www.unicef.org/zambia/. How can you make a difference? The overall objective is promoting a holistic approach to ECD requires coordinated actions in health, nutrition, early stimulation, early education and protection across the life-cycle. This consultancy will support the Zambia country office streamline its efforts in promoting an integrated approach to programming on ECD, by planning and coordinating actions across sectors. The objectives of this assignment are to:Apply Now
- Provide support to the Deputy Representative in identifying the specific inputs into the integrated platform, including the development of accountability framework and systems for monitoring the achievements by all relevant sectors.
- Collaborate internally with CO, RO and/or HQ colleagues (as appropriate) to provide expert advice on the development of evidence-based strategies, approaches, policies and the planning in support of the ECD programme and delivery of results.
- Participate in programme planning and reviews to discuss/identify key approaches, strategies and plans of action for ECD
- Using the evidence generation and research initiatives on ECD to institutionalize/share best practices and knowledge with global/local partners and stakeholders especially to build capacity of practitioners, local networks, and government partners.
- A minimum of eight years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: social development programme planning, communication for development, Public Advocacy or another related area.
- Experience in supporting C4D programming in early childhood development, playful parenting and/or integrated nutrition (stunting reduction) programming will be an added advantage
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Evident experience in research Analysis