Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates supported by MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together worldwide. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission Coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens and decentralised in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The Field Operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations.
MSF OCBA Learning Unit is integrated in the Human Resources Department and works closely with MSF-OCBA departments with the objective of guiding definition of appropriate learning strategies to respond to the diverse needs of the missions, teams and individuals across the organization. The learning needs addressed range from induction to managerial to technical topics relevant to the activity of the different areas and Departments (Medical, Logistics, Operations, Human Resources, Finance, etc).
The Learning Unit is in charge of providing L&D advice to the organisation, generating learning solutions, tools and processes, and directly coordinating the most formal part of the learning offer. The Learning Unit is structured around 3 main activity areas (face-to-face/blended trainings, e-Learning and Field Support) and is composed by learning Administration staff, Learning Officers, Learning Managers, Field Trainers and a Head of Unit. In complement to this, three Learning Referents are located in the Operations, Medical and Logistical Departments in order to facilitate definition and implementation of key learning strategies and solutions.
A growing proportion of the MSF-OCBA learning offer is available through the MSF Learning Management System TEMBO, which serves several sections of the MSF international movement.
The eLearning Officer, working under the supervisor of a Learning Manager, is responsible for the development and implementation of learning solutions, always looking at providing effective and best quality services that meet MSF-OCBA learning needs.
The eLearning Officer will engage in different steps of the MSF OCBA learning cycle, including learning needs Analysis, solutions Design, development, production, implementation, and evaluation. These are often done with a combination of internal stakeholders and partners (subject matter referents, Learning Referents, TEMBO LMS Team) and in some cases with external providers. A large piece of this work will include preparing and maintaining digital learning resources for implementation in Tembo LMS.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
· Participates in the definition of learning needs using different methodologies and always seeking appropriate user and context information to allow devising best learning solutions.
· Works with subject matter experts and Learning Referents in the definition of learning objectives and best learning strategies
· Participates in the definition of learning tools or solutions that best fit learning goals (taking into account both pedagogical and technological requirements)
· Supports design and development of learning curricula, activities, and materials/resources
· Creates templates and other resources that can help the design and development of learning material
· Produces learning material of different type (SCORM objects, videos, documents, images, infographics and others)
· Integrates learning material into MSF LMS (TEMBO)
· Participates in the maintenance and update of learning solutions
· Uses and maintain design documents, course content and lists of media elements
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's Degree in Educational Psychology, Pedagogy, or equivalent work experience in training & development and multimedia training materials development.
· Experience in designing and implementing digital learning strategies
· Experience in developing digital learning solutions and producing contents for bended and distance-based courses.
· Highly skilled in the use of technological tools that can be used for educational purposes.
· Experience in working for a diverse, multi-cultural, and geographically spread organization
· English as working language, French and Spanish desirable.
· Good command of Moodle,Totara
· Desirable knowledge of best practices frameworks and standard design methodologies
· SCORM content production and editing with Articulate Storyline and Rise, Adobe Captivate, Vyond
· HTML basic knowledge
· Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
· Commitment to MSF’s Principles
· Cross-cultural Awareness
· Behavioural Flexibility
· Analytical Thinking
· Results and Quality Orientation
· Service Orientation
· Initiative and Innovation
· Teamwork and Cooperation.
· Location based in any MSF-OCBA hub; Barcelona, MSF-Spain office delegations, Buenos Aires, Amman, Dakar or Nairobi. Temporal home-based position until September and while exceptional COVID period lasts.
· Full time job
· Annual gross salary: 30,928.11 € (divided into 12 monthly payments, level 3a according to MSF HQ Salary Grid) + Secondary benefits based on MSF OCBA Reward Policy.
· Contract duration: 6 months
· Starting date: immediately
MSF OCBA is a people-focused humanitarian organization that offers a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive work environment. We believe this approach enhances our work and we are committed to equity in employment. We embrace diverse backgrounds of people working together to exhibit their passion in action for the social mission of MSF.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above-mentioned position.