WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. ABOUT WFP The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT One of the main objectives of the World Food Programme in Armenia for 2019-2024 (Armenia Country Strategic Plan) is to facilitate a Sustainable handover of a comprehensive Nutrition-sensitive school meals programme embedded in the national social protection system by 2023 and support the development of policies and systems. To achieve its goals WFP will implement home-grown school feeding, infrastructure rehabilitation and re-equipment of schools’ kitchen, cafeteria and storage facilities and strengthen the national capacity. Furthermore, complimentary activities such as the implementation of local procurement for school meals, and other initiatives will be further developed and piloted to enhance the overall quality of the programme and have a greater impact on the community. Based on operational needs, the Country Office identifies the need for hiring a driver who will drive WFP staff for daily and overnight field visits throughout Armenia and outside the country when/if necessary. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive) Under the overall guidance of the Director" id="link" class="link">Country Director and direct supervision of the Administration Associate, the incumbent will perform the following duties and responsibilities:Apply Now
- Provide transportation of authorized personnel including translation of basic conversations from/to Armenian, and/or delivery of various items/commodities following authorized routing and UN safety and Security rules and regulations to ensure safe and efficient services.
- Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport or other entry points and provide basic assistance with visa and customs formalities to facilitate smooth and safe entry and arrival to the authorized destinations.
- Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle log books, and daily reporting to the supervisor on mechanical status, to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption supporting accurate accounting and cost-efficiency.
- Responsible that the assigned vehicle is kept clean and in a good condition including all equipment, the maintenance is done on time, vehicle is fully equipped with required travel authorizations and supplies, and any mechanical issues are reported to the supervisor to ensure safe and efficient services.
- Follow established rules and regulations for field deliveries and/or in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems, to seek for instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way forward.
- Outside driving duties, perform basic office related tasks such as filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required including delivery/collection of various items, mailing service and payment of office telephone and other bills to ensure administrative support to clients.
- Perform other related duties if required.
- UN safety rules and regulations are followed.
- Local rules and regulations on Road Safety are followed.
- No incident is caused by the fault of the driver. All incidents are tmely reported, if occurred.
- Vehicles are kept clean and operational.
- Day-to-day efficient maintenance of the assigned vehicle is ensured.