The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) aims to help ensure that emergency response saves lives and protects people in crisis. OCHA also seeks to enhance the connectivity and coherence between humanitarian and development work, based on the comparative advantage of diverse actors and in support of national and local capacity, towards collective outcomes that reduce risks, needs and vulnerability. OCHA Colombia works to ensure that evidence-based and collective situational awareness informs decisions on humanitarian action, seeking to ensure that streamlined data and analysis is provided to inform a rapid, effective and principled response. OCHA Colombia works to facilitate sufficient, timely, substantial, predictable and flexible financing that meets the needs of the most vulnerable people. In accordance with its mandate, OCHA undertakes advocacy on behalf of the most vulnerable people to ensure effective and principled humanitarian action. This advocacy contributes to action that also enhances the protection of affected people. This position is located in the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs in Pasto, Colombia. The Driver reports to the Humanitarian Affairs Assistant in Pasto. The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services for OCHA Colombia’s staff in Pasto. Duties and Responsibilities Within delegated authority, the Driver will be responsible for the following duties:Apply Now
- Carries out driving assignments safely and on time.
- Drives vehicles safely for the transport of authorized personnel and goods.
- Uses discretion, initiative and judgment in planning and scheduling routes.
- Collects and delivers mail, documents, and other items.
- Meets official personnel at the airport.
- Takes care of the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.
- Performs minor repairs and arrange for other repairs and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Candidates with high school diploma, and two (2) years of work experience as driver.
- Candidates with bachelor’s degree, experience is not required.