WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. ABOUT WFP The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. VACANCY DETAILS Type of Contract : Fixed-Term Appointment Grade : GS2 Location : Bhubaneswar, Odisha Duration of Employment : 1 Year (Renewable) Reporting to : Programme Policy Officer (State Project Coordinator) ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT This job is based in the State office of WFP in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. The incumbent reports to the Business Support Assistant, or the designate under the overall supervision of the State Project Coordinator. JOB PURPOSE To provide efficient and safe transportation of authorized personnel by driving the light vehicle deployed by WFP in Bhubaneswar. The job may involve basic administrative assistance in the office. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive) Under the direct supervision of the Business Support Assistant and the overall supervision of the State Project Coordinator, the incumbent will perform the following duties: 1. Provide reliable driving services by using transport means for the transport of authorised WFP staff members, officials and visitors as per authorized routing and UN safety and Security rules and regulations to ensure safe and efficient services; 2. Deliver and collect goods, mail, documents and other items; 3. Meet official personnel at the airport/railway stations and facilitate the formalities as required; 4. Take care of the day-to-day efficient maintenance of the UN vehicle, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc to ensure that the vehicle is always kept clean and in good running condition; 5. Log official trips, daily mileage, oil consumption, oil changes, greasing, periodic services, etc and obtain signature of travellers, and get the log book daily checked and signed by the staff member who oversees WFP vehicle; 6. Produce monthly records of mileage travelled; 7. Follow established rules and regulations in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems, to seek for instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way forward; 8. Prepare and ensure all necessary travel documentation and equipment for field trips; 9. Outside driving duties, perform basic office related tasks such as filing, hard file management, photocopying and maintaining stores when required including delivery/collection of various items, mailing service and payment of office telephone and other bills to ensure administrative support to the office; 10. Perform other related duties as required. 4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES PurposeApply Now
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Builds an understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Approaches individual tasks and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demeanor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Understands the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Connects individual tasks and responsibilities to unit’s goals and mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Seeks opportunities to build and enhance individual skills.
- Create an inclusive culture: Demonstrates respect and understanding for diversity and cultural differences.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Identifies and approaches colleagues or supervisors to serve as coaches.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Sets clear goals and measurable targets for own tasks and responsibilities.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Assesses own tasks and responsibilities to find ways to be more efficient.
- Focus on getting results: Maintains accurate records of completion times and tasks in own areas of responsibility.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Understands responsibilities and the metrics associated with own tasks.
- Be Decisive: Notifies supervisors of dangerous situations or potential issues that may arise while in the field or office.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Understands WFP’s Organizational Structure, including the purpose and mission of each unit.
- Build strong external partnerships: Supports team in working with colleagues and WFP’s partners in the field toward common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with other WFP employees and partners in the field.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Understands own team’s contributions in its partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.