A roster of suitable candidates may be established for this post as a result of this selection process for fixed-term appointments against both established posts and positions funded by general temporary assistance (GTA). Organisational Context The General Services Section (GSS) organisationally belongs to the Division of Management Services in the Registry. The GSS consists of four units; the Facilities Management Unit (FMU), which is responsible for running the owner occupied premises at The Hague, the assessment, maintenance and adaptation of rental premises at field locations; the Procurement Unit, which provides value for money goods and services required by all Organs of the Court; the Logistics and Transport Unit (LTU), which provides distribution, supply chain services, fleet management, and shipping at HQ and Field Locations, local transportation mail operations and archiving at HQ. The Travel, Visas and Privileges Unit (TU) is responsible to provide all official travel of the ICC, related visa services, resident permits at The Hague, administrative functions related to privileges and immunities and shipment of personal goods on appointment and separation. The Chief GSS, also responsible for the Courts commercial insurance programme, reports to the Director of Management Services. Duties and Responsibilities Under the overall guidance and technical supervision of the Logistics and Transport Officer, General Services Section (GSS) through the Transport Coordinator and in Coordination with the Victims and Witnesses Section (VWS), the incumbent will perform the following duties:Apply Now
- Provide secure transport for ICC officials and visitors, including victims and witnesses, during normal working hours or prior to/after normal working hours and on weekends, as required.
- Pick-up and deliver documents and other materials as required.
- Fuel, clean and monitor service requirements of vehicles.
- Maintain vehicle trip logs and reconcile trip logs, fuel and cleaning receipts and maintenance invoices.
- Provide administrative and manual support to other GSS sections, when not on driving detail and when required.
- Other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence and a minimum of two years of clean driving record.
- Must possess knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance.
- Excellent knowledge of the Dutch rules of the road.
- Absolute integrity, tact, loyalty, discretion, good judgment, including particular sensitivity in dealing with witnesses.
- Ability to deal effectively in stressful situations.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Ability to operate personal computer and use basic modern applications (Word, Excel, MS).