Reports to: Head of Compliance and Risk
Job location: Dublin
Pay Band: 5 (€45,563 - €53,603)
Contract: Approx. 5 months Fixed Term Contract (ending December 2020)
Job Purpose: This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the Compliance Unit of Concern Worldwide. The Donor Audit Accountant will provide support to Concern’s Country Financial Controllers on donor audit issues arising in our fields of operation, and play a key role in managing and supporting HQ donor audits. They will work with the Head of Compliance and Risk to ensure that both donor and organisational policies are adhered to through the development of user guidelines, training material and documenting lessons learned.**
- Work with the Head of Compliance and Risk on the development and update of guidelines and training materials for various donors.
- Act as main focal point to provide support on specific donor audits that are managed at head office.
- Support the field teams on donor audits occurring in field locations.
- Maintain a central filing system for all donor audit reports.
- Review and document donor audit recommendations and findings for organisational learning.
- Provide practical guidance and training on issues identified during donor audits and key donor compliance areas.
- Support the Compliance Unit’s helpdesk to provide assistance in day to day donor compliance related issues across the organisation. This will involve the interpretation of donor rules related to issues such as procurement, disposal of donor assets, budget flexibility etc.
- Help maintain the in-house Concern SharePoint with donor related information.
- Lead / take part in cross functional projects, representing the compliance area.
- Participate in relevant external networks and develop contacts with peer agency counterparts to facilitate sharing, learning and best practice.
- Conduct support visits to our field offices.
- Carry out other tasks as required within the Compliance Unit.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Professionally Qualified Accountant ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CPA
- Three years’ auditing experience
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Powerpoint and accountancy packages
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Training and staff development experience
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Strong writing and research skills
- Ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with cross functional teams
- Cross cultural awareness and empathy with organisational goals
- Experience of reporting to and/or managing audits by large institutional donors such as USAID, the EU, ECHO, Irish Aid, UN and DFID (highly desirable)
- Experience in working overseas in the international development sector
- Knowledge of French