Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations. Under the direct supervision of the DDR team leader, the UN Volunteer will perform the following duties and responsibilities:Apply Now
- Participate in the Community Violence Reduction (CVR) field operations, undertaken in partnership with national and international partners, and support the DDR operations undertaken by the National entity in charge the National DDRR Programme;
- Monitor DDR operation and CVR-related activities through field missions as required;
- Coordinate logistics arrangements for field missions, for repatriation of ex-combatants, for DDR and CVR operations;
- Contribute to DDR and CVR sensitization and public information efforts;
- Organize interviews of ex-combatants and their dependents, as needed;
- Participate in and facilitate information-gathering, monitoring and reporting on issues related to armed groups dynamics and on security in the area of responsibility. Contribute to the drafting of daily and weekly situation reports;
- Contribute to research and analysis of information and the preparation of analytical papers;
- Assist with technical inputs in the planning and evaluation of DDR and CVR operations and related reporting.
- Contribute to documenting Lessons Learned and Best Practices in DDR operations in the CAR.
- When working with (including supervising) national staff or (non-)governmental counterparts, set aside dedicated time for capacity development through coaching, mentoring and formal and on-the-job training;
- Assist the team leader in the preparation of high-level visits.
- Assist Director, deputy Director and other DDR staff at MINUSCA headquarters or on special missions as required.
- Performs other related duties as required by direct supervisor
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent