Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment. Under the direct supervision of the Social Policy Specialist, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:Apply Now
- Support technical assistance to the Ministry of Community Development and Social Services to strengthen the disability-inclusiveness and appropriateness of the Covid-19 Emergency Cash Transfer;
- Identify relevant disability linkages for the COVID-19 response (such as education support, reasonable accommodation, assistive devices, community-based rehabilitation) and conceptualise strategies for delivery of these linkages in collaboration with other UN and Government partners;
- Support Coordination with other UN Agencies in the COVID-19 social protection response (ILO, UNDP);
- Support the UNICEF Country Office Disability Task Force with administrative, technical and coordination tasks;
- Support the data and Knowledge Management of the office in regard to disability inclusion;
- Support communication, visibility and communication for development activities in collaboration with relevant Sections and Units.
- 2 or more years’ experience in the disability inclusion sector;
- Prior engagement with disability movement an asset;
- Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply, UNICEF strives to implement reasonable accommodation in line with the global United Nations Disability Inclusion (UNDIS) framework.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Demonstrated interest and or experience in disability inclusion, social policy and protection and Emergency Response.