This job opportunity is located in Dallas, Texas Overview Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact every day? Imagine all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? Absolutely. This is satisfying and challenging work that makes a real difference in people's lives. We are where you can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. We are where you can connect people to making a lifesaving impact. We are where you can partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. The American Heart Association is where you can make an extraordinary impact. Responsibilities The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Director Social Media for Integrated Marketing in our National Center office located in Dallas, Texas . In this role, you will lead a team of social media community managers with responsibility for how the association engages in conversation with the organization's customers, consumers, and other stakeholders via social networks. Responsible for the growth of AHA social media community to increase product/brand awareness, drive traffic to product/brand social media pages, and encourage target audiences to join product/brand social networks. Directs strategy, development, Design and launch of social Media Platforms, content and advertising across all existing main brand social handles, field social handles and major program handles. Collaborates across the marketing team and with adjacent teams in other organizations to meet business objectives utilizing social media. Oversees the evolution and maintenance of the social media guidelines for the enterprise, including brand compliance. Is responsible for social media objectives, reporting and Analysis in real-time. Essential Job Duties:Apply Now
- Collaborates to create integrated marketing communications strategies between social media and other digital and analog channels. Work closely with senior executives, volunteers, business units, influencers and affiliates to evangelize new concepts.
- Plans and directs the implementation of marketing strategies and campaigns through social media optimization. Promotes and communicates information about the organization's products/services.
- Ensures messaging is consistent across all platforms. Keeps abreast of evolving Social Media Platforms and industry specifics.
- Escalates feedback and issues that are potentially damaging to the company's reputation or image, and provides mitigating options based on experience and insight into social media best practices.
- Conducts Market Research to identify the social media sites and promotional tactics of most interest to target customers and recommends the metrics critical to meet business unit goals.
- Develops and implements social media promotions, contests, informational/entertaining content, etc. to encourage potential customers to join product/brand social networks and share content with others
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with other AHA/ASA business teams, serving as subject matter expert for the Association, integrating as appropriate to help execute social media and digital advertising deliverables
- Lead a team of social media curation, engagement, advertising, reporting and creative development individual contributors to ensure brand voice, best practice and legal compliance, as well as executional excellence across all Association social media handles.
- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related area.
- Eight (8) years of experience in social Media Management and marketing in a multi-channel organization
- Eight (8) years of experience developing social media strategies, branding, messaging, and policies
- Eight (8) years of advanced digital and social media applications knowledge
- Eight (8) years of comprehensive visual and written communication skills
- Five (5) years of supervisory and team management experience
- This position requires overnight travel approximately 15% of the time.
- Creative design skills and experience with design tools and software
- Analytics and reporting techniques and tools, in particular Sprinklr
- Animation and Audio video concepting and production