MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Yemen Continuous Learning and Evaluation (YCLE) program provides rapidly deployed, robust, on-the ground, in-country oversight of USAID funded development activities implemented in Yemen. The YCLE Contractor supports the prudent use of U.S. taxpayer funds in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on: (1) Performance and Contextual Monitoring and Verification Services; (2) Evaluation Services; (3) Analysis and Reporting Services; (4) Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptive Management Services; and, (5) Program Support Services. The overall goal of YCLE is to enable USAID/Yemen to become a more effective and adaptive development organization.
****Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Jordanian citizenship will be considered. **
The director of finance and administration will oversee all local expenditures and supervise human resource functions like payroll, hiring and orientation. This position will oversee procurement and recruitment integrity and compliance with MSI's processes. The successful candidate will directly supervise the administrative staff in the field and will be the main point of contact for the home office on financial, human resource and budgetary matters. This position reports to the COP.
- Monitor project budgets and provide required reporting
- Ensure that the project meets all MSI, USAID, and Jordon government requirements relative to USAID funds accountability and local law
- Ensure that appropriate financial record-keeping policies and practices are established and maintained
- Track and analyze all costs incurred under the project
- Prepare vouchers for cash disbursements
- Review receipts and documentation according to MSI policies
- Work with the DCOP to prepare payroll for staff, including timesheet review for approval
- Enter data into QuickBooks and ensure regular communications with MSI's home office
- Prepare the monthly cash and bank reconciliation statements, to be reviewed and approved by the DCOP and COP
- Review Purchase Orders for accuracy and completeness on a weekly basis and report any discrepancies to the DCOP
- Prepare project monthly expenditure reports, ensuring that they are accurate for DCOP
- Bachelor's Degree (Master's Degree preferred) in finance, administration, or a related area
- A minimum of five years of demonstrated relevant experience with similar international, donor-funded programs (USG experience is highly desirable)
- Strong computer skills, including ease and skill in using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, email, the Internet and Microsoft Windows applications are required
- Fluency in English and Arabic required
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.