World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice. Here’s where you come in: *Preferred Location: London, U.K.; Open to other locations within a jurisdiction (country or U.S. State) where WVI is registered to operate. As Director, Learning & Development, you will develop, manage and drive a global Leadership & Development (L&D) strategy to strengthen people and organisational capabilities and performance. You will create a future-focused and effective global learning eco-system, which inspires and enables impactful development experiences and shifts in learning mindsets and behaviours. You will deliver a world-class L&D service which provides thought-leadership and cutting-edge learning tools and solutions. You will partner with and influence leaders to optimize L&D resources and integrate L&D into organisational practices to attract talent and build and sustain a skilled, vibrant and agile workforce. Requirements include:Apply Now
- Master or Bachelor Degree in one or more of the following; Education/Professional Education and Training; HR/Human Resource Development; Organizational Development
- 8-10 years of professional expertise backed up substantial experience in L&D (Training & Development), ideally in a regional or international role and within the Development and Humanitarian Assistance industry.
- Deep understanding of L&D and Capacity Building practices, challenges, trends and better-practices within the Development and Humanitarian Assistance industry and in the wider L&D industry.
- Strong instructional Design, coaching, facilitation and training skills with evidence of effective application across international contexts and culture.
- Expertise in specific areas of Learning & Development practice, in particular utilizing a competency based approach to staff skill building. (eg must demonstrate personal expertise in several of the following: learning strategy, needs Analysis, programme design, curriculum design, Instructional Design, Learning Evaluation, e-learning, facilitation, competency design, competency assessment).
- The position may require the ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.