Position Title: Director Laboratory & Logistics Program Location: Abuja, Nigeria PROJECT: Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Nigeria This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Director Lab & Logistics Program to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria. Background: The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria. The objective of this billable employment is to serve as the Director Lab & Logistics Program for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC)-Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) Project. The Director Lab & Logistics Program shall work under the direct supervision of the Deputy Country Director Technical to plan, organize and direct the overall operations of the Laboratory, National Integrated Sample Transfer Network (NiSRN), and Tuberculosis, Logistics Department to meet organizational goals and objectives. He/ she shall actively participate in strategic and budgetary planning for assigned areas of responsibility, provide direction to department personnel to achieve operational and technical objectives including work plan development, implementation, personnel management, healthy work environment, and integration of intra and inter-departmental activities. The Director Lab & Logistics Program shall liaise with the appropriate USG Team, the GON, and donors to lead the GHSC-PSM/USAID effort in rapidly increasing field of HIV/AIDS, and TB logistics, laboratory diagnosis and monitoring of program implementations (including HIV testing diagnostic algorithms, CD4 and Viral Load monitoring, Early Infant Diagnosis, TB GeneXpert Technology and the Integrated National Specimen Referral Network). This individual shall regularly conduct Analysis of lab equipment instrument use and provide recommendations on the more efficient use of new and existing lab technologies. He / she shall collaborate with National Laboratory Technical Working Group to provide technical assistance in the development of protocols and guidelines to ensure the implementation of harmonized equipment list. Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):Apply Now
- Function across all areas of HIV Laboratory, Malaria, Tuberculosis and NiSRN
- Serve as a technical resource for the implementation and Administration of HIV-laboratory, NiSRN, and TB logistics, policies, systems, goals, and objectives.
- Support and regularly provide guidance in the collection of laboratory, and TB logistics data using appropriate national logistics tools to inform resupplies, quantification, funding and procurement decisions.
- Provide Technical Support to the Government and partners on product specifications and selection to inform quantification and procurement of laboratory commodities.
- Provide technical assistance to the Government and partner teams to establish/update the standardized list of laboratory commodities and equipment for each level of the national health pyramid.
- Regularly ensure the process of post-market validation of HIV and Malaria rapid test kits and other diagnostics products as appropriate, based on the guidance of the national programs and USG team.
- Provides technical support to all the staff of the Department for the collection of laboratory logistics data using national HIV/AIDS and TB laboratory logistics tools that can inform resupplies, quantification, funding and procurement decisions.
- Provides technical support and supervise Senior Managers, Manager, Senior Logistics Advisor, Logistics Advisors in the Laboratory and Logistics System of GHSC-PSM to ensure promptly and timely implementation of workplan in an effective and efficient manner.
- Provides technical assistance and make presentations to the stakeholders on Integrated Samples Transfer/Referral system to optimize the laboratory equipment harmonization and standardization.
- Support training/mentoring of health facility staff in the use and application of the LMIS tools for the collection of HIV, malaria and TB logistics data
- Work with other advisors and short-term technical assistance (STTA) providers to provide required TA for activities and facilitate transfer of skills to appropriate staff.
- Contribute to identifying best practices and success stories for documentation and dissemination.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Deputy Country Director or Country Director or his/her designate.