CARE International's new Agenda 2030 strategy makes explicit its ambition of influencing change beyond the communities where we work directly in order to achieve our vision of a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live in dignity and security. For CARE, achieving impact at scale means not only reaching large numbers of people, but most importantly making transformative changes at the systemic level that lead to lasting impact on the lives of women and girls. Some of the pathways that CARE uses to do this include: • Scaling up, replicating and adapting proven models both directly as well as through partners, • Advocacy to influence changes in policies, programs and budgets and how those are implemented, • Systems strengthening and social accountability to improve service provision to the poor and marginalized, • Supporting social movements to achieve change through Collective Action, • Promoting social norms change through community dialogue and media campaigns, and • Inclusive market-based approaches that are both financially sustainable and contribute to social change. The Director, Impact at Scale will be responsible for overall leadership of the Impact at Scale organizational priority for CARE USA, reporting to the Vice President for Impact and Innovation. S/he will directly oversee a scaling Advisor and also work with regionally-based innovation advisors to ensure programs are designed for scale from the start, validate potential pathways to scale, and advise teams across CARE on realizing their potential for scale. The team will help develop and implement scaling plans, facilitate the development of marketable products along with the implementation and Fundraising teams, manage rigorous pipeline of potentially scalable initiatives, build internal capacity and shared learning for impact at scale including the establishment of a community of practice, and position CARE externally as a thought leader on impact at scale. The Director, Impact at Scale will work closely with their peers in Impact and Innovation (Director for Innovation, Senior Director, Market Based Approaches, AVP Global Advocacy) to fully realize CARE's potential for massive impact. Specific responsibilities for this position include:Apply Now
- Lead Impact at Scale organizational priority for CARE USA.
- Drive the development and implementation of scaling plans and nurture innovation/scaling pipeline with relevant teams across CARE including program, innovation, fund raising, marketing & communications, regional and country office staff.
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation processes for impact at scale initiatives.
- Strengthen internal capacity for impact at scale by sharing of tools, knowledge and learning through a community of practice.
- Increase influence of CARE externally as a thought leader in impact at scale.
- Masters Degree in a development-related field, MPH, MBA or equivalent degree
- 10 years of progressive professional experience in international humanitarian and development work
- 3-5 years' work experience in low or middle income country
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation of large projects
- Experience with scaling
- Research experience
- Experience with gender responsive or transformative programming
- Business planning experience
- Training skills
- Process facilitation
- Presentation skills