Organ: The General Secretariat directs all the administrative and Financial Aspects of the Union's activities, including the implementation of the provisions of the administrative regulations on operational questions, the dissemination of information on telecommunication matters for operational and other purposes, the provision of legal advice to the Bureaux of the Union and the departments of the General Secretariat, logistic support to the Union's activities including conferences, the Coordination of the work of the Union with other international organizations, the dissemination of information to the Member States and Sector Members, press, corporate and individual users of telecommunications and the general public. The General Secretariat is also responsible for the organization of world telecommunication exhibitions and forums. Organization Unit: Within the General Secretariat, the Strategic Planning and Membership Department (SPM) advises the Secretary-General on strategic challenges and their implications for the Union in the fast evolving telecommunications/ICT environment; develops forward-looking strategic proposals to the ITU management team with a view to ensuring that the organization meets the objectives assigned by the membership; plans and coordinates the corporative and strategic activities with a view to ensuring their accordance with membership objectives; organizes and provides Secretariat Services to the Plenipotentiary Conference, Council, and other meetings in the general secretariat in order to achieve a high level of involvement from Member States and Sector Members, develops and maintains sound relations with Member States, Sector Members and other entities, the UN and other international organizations. The Department is also responsible for providing expert advice on communication and promotion strategies and for developing and implementing the Union's corporate communication plan in cooperation with the three Sectors with a view to promoting ITU leadership in the field of telecommunications and ICT. Duties / ResponsibilitiesIn the Strategic Planning and Membership Department, under the supervision of the Head, Marketing and Partner Relations, the incumbent will perform the following duties:Apply Now
- Recommend Digital Marketing priorities and activities in order to achieve annual objectives and targets.
- Develop and implement digital marketing strategies and campaigns on key Digital Media to promote readership and sales of ITU publications as well as growth in academia and industry membership, including SMEs.
- Analyse, measure and report on key digital marketing performance indicators and advise on corrective actions.
- Attend and/or represent the Division in meetings and provide specialist advice and assistance to the Bureaux.
- Identify and liaise with potential partners as well as service providers including market intelligence/research companies, e-mail marketing firms and Web-development companies to identify and implement new digital platforms and tools to strengthen ITU marketing and sales activities and revenues.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Core Competencies: Applying Expertise; Effective Communication; Learning and Knowledge Sharing; Organizational Commitment; Results-Focused, and; Teamwork and Collaboration.
- Essential Functional Competencies: Client and Service Orientation; Innovation and Facilitating Change, and; Planning and Organizing.
- Essential Technical Competencies: Marketing, with expertise in digital marketing; social media and digital platforms; Web analytics tools, SEO/SEM tools, campaign management tools.