Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Purpose :Plan International Jordan is seeking an experienced Digital Education Coordinator with demonstrated knowledge and technical experience in the area of developing digital learning courses. The DE co is expected to provide digital support and integral approach the program team and partners.
Background: Plan International in Jordan is contracted to implement a 3 years’ project called “Talents Unlimited”. The action is designed to have girls and boys between 12 and 24 years, who dropped out of school for more than three years, go back to school. This allows them to obtain through non-formal education a diploma in two years or through vocational training, with which they can continue studying, find a job or start their own business.
The Consortium: the ‘Talents Unlimited’ project is implemented by an international consortium, led by Plan International Netherlands and Plan International Jordan and further consisting of: JOHUD (Jordan) as implementing partner and technical partner Aflatoun.
The Digital Education Coordinator will be based in Amman with frequent travel to project locations inside Jordan. He/ She will be following up the ‘Talents Unlimited’ project implementation plans, overseeing project implementation and liaising with relevant stakeholders. He/She is responsible for all aspects of the organization digital learning strategy for target groups. He/She will work to integrate technology into our programs to enhance beneficiaries/partners learning and engagement. He/She is responsible for tasks and assignments associated with the development of needed trainings and liaising with relevant stakeholders.
He/ She will be monitoring digital activity progress in the field and provide accurate and timely status reports and support development of donor reports. He/ She will support the Project Manager with the preparation of plans and reports aligned with donor requirements, and other administrative tasks as required. He/She will be responsible for:
Technical Support and Training:
- Developing a strategy on digital learning and Community Mobilization/awareness raising related to the provision of program components related to education, targeting partners and direct beneficiaries;
- Integrating digital content to support the Talent unlimited project and Plan programs;
- Designing and developing age-appropriate digital learning experiences for target groups, including online platforms;
- Develop digital Capacity Building plan for the partners;
- Develop and deliver training in Apps, using multimedia for awareness and online teaching digital learnings, including training to selected youth;
- Support the integration of technology, tablets, and other devices as learning tools into partner programs and learning setting; and enable youth to apply digital skills in their personal development/career paths;
- Assist with preparing communications to partners and program concerning trends and updates for digital and media literacy, and best practices in digital learning.
- Perform his/her duties and responsibilities in accordance to the project proposal and in addition to the programmatic, administrative and financial policies/ regulations of Plan International, and in line with the donor rules and regulations.
- In close cooperation with the Project Manager and the relevant departments, ensure detailed implementation plans, mainly the digital part, are developed and implemented in line with project activities and quality standards.
- Support the development of strong M&E mechanisms, program monitoring tools and efficient review and modification systems to ensure high quality implementation in order to achieve the set objectives.
- Provide supervision and guidance to the project partner, in close consultation with the relevant departments.
- Facilitate regular review meetings with staff, national and local partners in order to ensure effective implementation of project activities as per the set timelines.
- Conduct regular field visits to project sites and partner.
- Support in producing project progress reports aligned with donor requirements, monitor activity progress in the field and provide accurate and timely status reports and support development of donor reports.
- Ensure that child and youth safeguarding standards are understood and met.
- Maintain and develop mechanisms to monitor and evaluate the impact of the partner’s work, and ensure learning is integrated into future Design" id="link" class="link">Program Design;
- Undertake all other duties that may be determined by the line manager and Director" id="link" class="link">Country Director and that are compatible with the job.
Coordination and Communication:
- Support in collecting quantitative and qualitative data in accordance with the monitoring and evaluation plan and provide updates and reports to the project manager.
- Ensure effective information sharing and learning across agencies including providing quarterly updates on consortium activities for internal and external purposes;
- Update project outline with any significant changes in context and send to line manager for approval;
- Undertake all other duties that may be determined by the line manager and Country Director and that are compatible with the job.
- Bachelor degree in IT or equivalent, in combination with education and work experience;
- Minimum 4 years of progressively responsible professional experience directly related full time job experience;
- Knowledge of emerging and current technologies used for technology enabled instruction, including tablets, apps, and online resources, including online learning. Preferably proficient with Google Apps, or Adobe Suite, or Microsoft Office Suite software as applied to content creation and communication tools
- Technical skills related to the area of educational technology
- Awareness of technology for development of education;
- Knowledge of the context of Jordan with clear understanding of related digital situation;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, training and facilitation skills
- Strong coordination, networking and advocacy skills
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in English and Arabic
- Awareness of Child Protection issues
- Sensitivity to gender and child protection.
- Acts with high degree of integrity and professionalism
- Ability to deal with complex situations and issues proactively and persistently