Development & Outreach (Americas and Asia Initiative) Intern Application Deadline: November 29, 2020 The Development and Outreach Department of Human Rights Watch (HRW) is seeking an undergraduate student to intern with the Americas and Asia Initiatives team. The Internship will focus on the development and outreach efforts throughout the US and Asia with an emphasis on Fundraising, acknowledgement letter writing, prospect research, and donor engagement. Ideally the candidate will be available for a minimum of 15 hours per week, three days per week for a minimum of three months starting in December (dates and times are flexible). Due to Covid-19, many of our offices remain closed or are open at a limited capacity. HRW prioritizes the safety of our interns. In locations that have eased office restrictions and are open at a limited capacity, interns are not expected to report to the office and remote arrangements will remain an option for the foreseeable future. However, interns may have the option of reporting to an office on a voluntary basis in accordance with HRW’s COVID-19 policies. Intern will learn and be exposed to:Apply Now
- Conducting prospect research;
- Cultivating Donor Relations;
- Drafting documents and other correspondence related to donor outreach;
- Creating promotional materials and mailings;
- Using fundraising and donor databases;
- Proof-reading solicitations and proposals;
- General research on our programmatic work to assist colleagues to prepare for briefings.