This job opportunity is located in Estero, Florida Overview Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives? Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? you bet! This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people's lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. Responsibilities Are you ready to bring your dynamic Fundraising or sales skills to Heart? If so, read on to learn how you can join our hardworking development staff as we lead the charge in funding critical research, advocacy and educational programs to raise awareness about heart disease and stroke, and work towards building a culture of health in our communities. Is it about the money? Sure, but it’s about so much more. To continue the fight against the Number 1 and Number 5 causes of death in the world, we need dedicated staff who can engage and empower our past, present and future volunteers and donors to become passionate about our important mission and fundraising strategies. We are looking to fill a Development Director - Walk in our Estero, FL office. The director will coordinate, plan, and implement activities and resources necessary to achieve fundraising goals and campaign objectives for the Lee County Heart Walk event. Some of your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):Apply Now
- Achieving assigned revenue goals by developing and maintaining relationships with corporate and community partners.
- Driving new Business Development by soliciting sponsorships and generating participant income through developing year-round business and cultivation plans.
- Driving peer-to-peer fundraising by supporting corporate partners and team leaders effectively.
- Recruiting, orientating, and managing c-suite Volunteer leadership based on nationally established methodologies.
- Maintaining an ongoing pipeline of potential sponsors, donors, and volunteer leadership.
- Monitoring participant fundraising trends and implementing proven strategies to improve income.
- Planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating assigned fundraising event(s) according to standard methodologies and event timeline.
- Confirming detailed, timely and accurate Data Entry of relevant information.
- Collaborating with other staff and volunteers as needed to promote and support local initiatives and to optimize event market strategy.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- At least two years of work experience in sales, preferably special event, or nonprofit fundraising
- Knowledge and skills in fundraising principles, practices and techniques, notably peer-to-peer fundraising
- Ability and experience recruiting, training, and cultivating top-level donors and volunteers
- Excellent listening skills, including verbal and non-verbal communication, active listening, negotiating, problem-solving and decision-making
- Highly effective organizational skills, time management, responsibility, leadership, and motivation
- Ability to work outside of standard hours which may involve some evenings and/or weekends
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively throughout assigned geographical territory