This job opportunity is located in Virginia Beach, Virginia Overview Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives? Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single day. This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people's lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. Responsibilities The American Heart Association is recruiting for a Development Director, Social Events position for our Virginia Beach market . This position will be responsible for Business Development, fund-raising and building powerful partnerships for local AHA events that bring together corporate partners, medical leaders, community leaders, and volunteers to raise awareness of heart disease and stroke. Your Key Responsibilities will include:Apply Now
- Achieving a revenue goal currently $450,000 for fiscal year 2020/2021 by developing and maintaining relationships with AHA corporate and community partners.
- Revenue generation, (corporate sponsorships, event tickets sales, auctions and open your heart pledges/individual giving.
- Conducting sales meetings to generate new business and manage existing companies.
- Developing and growing relationships with volunteers, sponsors, key corporate &community leaders.
- Goal setting with corporate companies and individuals to raise funds and awareness, and networking within the local area.
- Work with administrative staff on event day plans, Logistics and Data Management.
- Execution of American Heart Association mission activities throughout the community with sponsors, donors and volunteers.
- Prior experience in Fundraising, outside sales and Volunteer management is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, college coursework combined with related experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Ability to build powerful partnerships with corporate leaders and senior level volunteers.
- Ability to accomplish results through strong volunteer recruitment and management.
- Proven track record in exceeding sales/fundraising goals.
- Possess the knowledge and demonstrated ability to successfully identify, cultivate, recruit, and maintain relationships with top level volunteers/customers.
- Have great organizational, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to understand and navigate corporate cultures to achieve goals.
- You must be willing to travel within your territory daily basis as well as occasional travel to other locations in the affiliate and to our National Center in Dallas, Texas for meetings or training.