This job opportunity is located in Waltham, Massachusetts Overview Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives? Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single day. This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people's lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. Responsibilities The American Heart Association is recruiting to fill a Development Director, Heart Walk position in our Boston, MA market. In this role the Director is responsible for:Apply Now
- Achieve assigned revenue goals by developing and maintaining relationships with AHA corporate and community partners.
- Sell sponsorships and generating participant income for the annual Heart Walk.
- Develop new company and Volunteer recruitment plans as well as driving income goals.
- Drive new Business Development through sponsorship sales.
- Recruit and steward c-suite volunteer leaders, team captains and walkers based on nationally established best practices for the Heart Walk;
- Drive peer-to-peer Fundraising.
- Monitor participant fundraising trends and implementing proven strategies to maximize income.
- Conduct a minimum of 10 face to face meetings per week.
- Build a network of meaningful volunteer partnerships to advance our mission.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, college coursework combined with related experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Demonstrated experience in exceeding sales/fundraising goals. Must be able to understand and navigate corporate cultures to achieve goals.
- Ability to successfully identify, cultivate, recruit, and maintain relationships with senior level volunteers/customers. Strong volunteer recruitment and management experience.
- Phenomenal interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and social skills.
- Must be willing to work outside normal hours including early morning, evenings and weekends as needed.
- You must be willing to travel within your territory daily as well as occasional travel to other locations in the affiliate and to our National Center in Dallas, Texas for meetings or training.