This job opportunity is located in Tulsa, Oklahoma Overview Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives? Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? you bet! This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people's lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. Responsibilities Are you ready to put your dynamic skills as a corporate sales or Fundraising professional to the test? If so, read on to learn how you can join our team as we lead the charge in funding critical research, advocacy and educational programs to raise awareness about heart disease and stroke. If you have the desire to take your career to the next level, apply for the Development Director - Go Red For Women position we have available in our Tulsa, OK office. Our Go Red For Women event includes a silent auction and health expo which will be held on May 7 th , 2021 . As the GRFW Development Director, you will be responsible for a goal of $300,000 which can be achieved by:Apply Now
- Developing and maintaining relationships with corporate and community partners;
- Driving new Business Development through selling sponsorships and generating participant income for the assigned campaign;
- Creating and managing new company and Volunteer recruitment plans as well as driving income goals;
- Recruiting and stewarding C-Suite volunteer leaders based on nationally established methodologies;
- Driving peer-to-peer fundraising;
- Establishing relationships with affluent individual donors and foundations and achieving dollar results;
- Monitoring participant fundraising trends and implementing proven strategies to improve income;
- Building a network of significant volunteer partnerships to advance our mission.
- having a bachelor’s degree or some college coursework and/or at least 3 years of corporate sales or fundraising experience is important;
- you will have demonstrated success in achieving assigned revenue goals;
- you should have the knowledge and ability to successfully identify, cultivate, recruit, and manage relationships with top-level level volunteers/customers;
- you have excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and social skills; you are a self-starter who makes things happen;
- your experience in understanding and navigating corporate cultures to achieve goals will be invaluable; you are willing to work outside of standard hours in support of your events, sponsors and volunteers which may involve some evening and/or weekend work as needed;
- your ability to travel within your territory daily as well as occasional travel to other locations.